• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From Bedbound to Fit and Able in 14 Days: Effects of the Amazonian Medicine Kambo on a CFS Patient

frozenborderline

I would have liked to try deltorphin also, but that was also around $200 to buy a tiny amount.

I found the pure dermorphin worked pretty well in terms of reducing brain fog and other ME/CFS symptoms, and I think could potentially be the basis of a viable treatment for ME/CFS if it were researched and developed by a drug company. Or at least dermorphin's mechanism of action could be the basis of an ME/CFS treatment.

(I got these mild psychosis and severe emotional flatness symptoms as a side effect of taking dermorphin, but I am prone to these symptoms; so this may not be an issue with ME/CFS patients in general).
Did any other people who tried this get concerning mental or emotional side effects. ? I would also be curious about the anyibacterial and adenosine-affecting constituents of kambo. I wonder what it would be like to take all of the alkaloids besides the purge-inducing ones. Have you considered that?

hmnr asg

I contacted a kambo "shaman" but she said she can't administer it to me because I'm on the antidepressant cymbalta and she said it could cause a bad reaction. I'm planning to get off cymbalta so I can try it.
So, not yet, but I will let everyone know once I try it.

GlassCannonLife

I contacted a kambo "shaman" but she said she can't administer it to me because I'm on the antidepressant cymbalta and she said it could cause a bad reaction. I'm planning to get off cymbalta so I can try it.
So, not yet, but I will let everyone know once I try it.

Hah, cool, that sounds awesome. Yes please let us know! Imagine if it's the cure for ME lol wouldn't that be fun. The shamans had it all along!

Edit: Oh apparently it has been scheduled as a posion in Australia as of last year and is completely banned. Used to be available through rituals here as well prior to that.

Last edited:
Hi, I recently heard about Kambo on a yt video by a woman who says it cured her so I found someone out in the suburbs by me and went 3 days in a row 3 weeks ago and did Kambo. It is difficult to explain the experience. I'm not cured, but I think it helped me. Since doing it I have been very clear in my emotions like I can feel what I feel very easily and process it easily. I didn't realize that my feelings were so blocked before, I think about things a lot throughout the day so I guess I assume I'm feeling things, but after Kambo I am much more aware of what I'm feeling. I can enter states of relaxation and calm much easier than before. It's given me a much more positive outlook and more positive emotions and more optimism. People aren't kidding when they say it makes things more clear.

Since I've been implementing more active relaxation techniques mind body techniques over the last many months, since trying Kambo has really elevated my practices and that alone I think is very helpful. I've been able to shut off the tv/social media, spend time hanging out alone, looking out the window, journaling, etc.

I would like to do it again now I feel like a few more sessions would make me feel even better, but I think I'm going to wait a couple of months at least. I think with Kambo it's the kind of thing where you see benefits over time bc it makes you change some of your thinking and feelings and behaviors.

Hip

Since doing it I have been very clear in my emotions like I can feel what I feel very easily and process it easily. I didn't realize that my feelings were so blocked before, I think about things a lot throughout the day so I guess I assume I'm feeling things, but after Kambo I am much more aware of what I'm feeling. I can enter states of relaxation and calm much easier than before. It's given me a much more positive outlook and more positive emotions and more optimism. People aren't kidding when they say it makes things more clear.

That's very interesting. I find the blocked/blunted emotions of ME/CFS, and also the anhedonia I get, one of the most dehumanising aspects of this disease. Much of the meaning in life revolves around human emotions, so when these emotions are weak or absent, it tends to take meaning from your life.