• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

Lily

*Believe*
Thanks to all - Kim, Froufox, OvertheHills, Garcia! Ain't teamwork great! I love it. So happy to be a part of a great team!

Team player anytime,
Lily

K

_Kim_

Thanks Froufox.

Kim, the other missing words are:
1. want to do is have a balance of hormones and not spikes [as Froufox said]
2. that as we know from other work aren't straightforward
which is a cell type in your innate immune response

Overthehills
1. Ignore what Judy says at the end of that sentence since it doesn't make grammatical sense.
The rest as Froufox said, plus:
2. how the host[!], the human - [no need for the exclamation mark, host means human]

Lily
1. "That’s correct. I've checked. It can’t do it’s job and it can do a lot of bad things. Overactive RNaseL will cause the cell to die and apoptose so it will spit itself immediately into the blood stream."
2. As Froufox said:
"Importantly, in XMRV-family-members in animals, the envelope protein"

Thanks garcia and froufox.

I've edited Part I, both in this thread and on the Home page article. Well done.

K

_Kim_

Thanks to all - Kim, Froufox, OvertheHills, Garcia! Ain't teamwork great! I love it. So happy to be a part of a great team!

Team player anytime,
Lily

Lily, it's the team aspect of transcribing that got me hooked. And look at how fast we got that done!!! I do think it's pretty remarkable for a bunch of sickies. We really do underestimate how powerful we are when we work together.

Kati

Patient in training
Thank you so much to all 4 of you to spend time transcribing. certainly it eases understanding of the talk, and it is great laymen information that you can copy and paste and print out for health care professionals that are new o ME/CFS/XMRV/XAND.

(((HUGS)))

OverTheHills

Updated transcription and other stuff

Overthehills
1. Ignore what Judy says at the end of that sentence since it doesn't make grammatical sense.
The rest as Froufox said, plus:
2. how the host[!], the human - [no need for the exclamation mark, host means human]

I've made the corrections suggested by Garcia and Froufox, and as Garcia suggests ignored the bit where Judy has stopped making sense.

Mea Culpa, the"!" after host was mine. I understand why Judy as a professional researcher/retrovirologist describes us as "hosts", and I don't mean any criticism of her, but it just struck me as amusing. As though I would be greeting the retrovirus with a nice cup of tea and some freshly-baked fruit cake.

{Love your use of the spooky Time Tunnel by the way Garcia, Irwin Allen was a big favourite of mine when I was a wee thing.}

Now, time for a bit of Positive Irrationality. As a nearly 50-yr old who has had ME for longer than 5 years I am trying hard to ignore Paul Cheneys remarks about prognosis. :Retro mad:. No Paul, you are wrong and everyone on this site agrees with me, so there! and Aunty Judy is going to give me lovely treatments that will ensure my complete recovery soon. :tongue:

Right, back to the sofa:sofa:

OTH

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Posted by Kim;
"Lily, it's the team aspect of transcribing that got me hooked. And look at how fast we got that done!!! I do think it's pretty remarkable for a bunch of sickies. We really do underestimate how powerful we are when we work together."

Maybe you guys have stumbled on a new treatment method. GTT- Graded Transcription Therapy!

Lily

*Believe*
Posted by Kim;
"Lily, it's the team aspect of transcribing that got me hooked. And look at how fast we got that done!!! I do think it's pretty remarkable for a bunch of sickies. We really do underestimate how powerful we are when we work together."

Maybe you guys have stumbled on a new treatment method. GTT- Graded Transcription Therapy!

Yeah, well we don't want to tell the shrinks, but throughout the illness, my fingers have stayed in tip top shape, AND they are very happy too!!!! Certainly has to be due to the daily exercise I maintain faithfully for them. There is just a wee problem with the thumbs......they tend to throw tantrums at regular intervals (OW!!!) clearly to try to get attention. Jealous of the others, no doubt:D

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Yeah, well we don't want to tell the shrinks, but throughout the illness, my fingers have stayed in tip top shape, AND they are very happy too!!!! Certainly has to be due to the daily exercise I maintain faithfully for them. There is just a wee problem with the thumbs......they tend to throw tantrums at regular intervals (OW!!!) clearly to try to get attention. Jealous of the others, no doubt:D

Just add more spaces, your thumbs will love you for it!

Lynn

Hi Overthe Hills,

I so understand the feeling about Cheney's age theory. I first saw Dr. Cheney in 1997. I was 37 years old. Now I am turning 50 next week and wondering (irrationally, I know) why he couldn't have fixed everything back them! But I am still holding onto my faith that Dr. Judy is going to come up with the magic pill that makes it all better. Here's my new slogan: Peptide T for XMRV!

Lynn

Lily

*Believe*
Hi Cort, it's actually Part III posted under the title Part II. Also I can't see the real Part II, or Part IV. Are they supposed to be up yet or are you going to post later?

Part II transcript is here.

Part IV transcript is here.

Many thanks,
garcia.

Ya, I noticed that Garcia. I think all the content is actually there, but numbered incorrectly and your section attirbuted to Kim and me. Also the date of the presentation is wrong, since it was actually Feb 20. Noticed this late last night, was gonna take another look this morning to make sure my eyes and brain were working, and then yank Cort's chain. Thanks!

Parismountain

Again Dr. Judy was so convincing. I think she's got Cheney convinced too. Low quantities of affected blood cells make all the sense in the world why others are not finding it, they just aren't sure what the favorite cell line within out bodies XMRV lives in. Blood is probably not where the virus is thriving.

Can we talk about the tone of this teleconference? I like the tone.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Ya, I noticed that Garcia. I think all the content is actually there, but numbered incorrectly and your section attirbuted to Kim and me. Also the date of the presentation is wrong, since it was actually Feb 20. Noticed this late last night, was gonna take another look this morning to make sure my eyes and brain were working, and then yank Cort's chain. Thanks!

Oops my bad! As you say they are all there, just wrongly attributed.