• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freddd's Protocol: Penetrative Dose Questions

SwanRonson

My own experience with Enzymatic is that it is very powerful stuff indeed. I had to start with 1/8 of a tablet every other day and work up slowly. I now take 1/2 pill per day and drink plenty of Orange Juice and eat potassium rich foods like potatoes. I would just back off and allow a washout period. Start low and go slow until you realize how your body will react. That's really the only way.

heyitisjustin

My own experience with Enzymatic is that it is very powerful stuff indeed. I had to start with 1/8 of a tablet every other day and work up slowly. I now take 1/2 pill per day and drink plenty of Orange Juice and eat potassium rich foods like potatoes. I would just back off and allow a washout period. Start low and go slow until you realize how your body will react. That's really the only way.
Orange Juice is for the vitamin C? By washout you are talking about the every other day off?

Thank you for the 1/8 tablet reference. I was thinking of 1/4 tablet, but you are probably right that 1/8 is a better idea.
I was afraid to start cutting that small, but its not worth another day like the last one just to get a more accurate measure.

Thanks again for your consideration! I love PR.

SwanRonson

Orange Juice is for the vitamin C? By washout you are talking about the every other day off?

O.J. has lots of potassium. By washout I just meant a week off from it to reset and come back clean. That way you know exactly which supplement is causing the symptoms.

heyitisjustin

O.J. has lots of potassium. By washout I just meant a week off from it to reset and come back clean. That way you know exactly which supplement is causing the symptoms.
When you come back from a washout what supplements do you take? If you start them all back where you left them I don't know how you'd know which supplement caused the issue. I also don't know how to choose which supplement to start with. Is it back to just MB12?

Thanks again

SwanRonson

When you come back from a washout what supplements do you take? If you start them all back where you left them I don't know how you'd know which supplement caused the issue. I also don't know how to choose which supplement to start with. Is it back to just MB12?

Thanks again

I just meant stop the B12 for a week then bring it back to see if that was the culprit. If it's repeatable after a time off, then you know that was the cause instead of some other transient thing.

jjxx

Hi SwanRonson,

I really don't know. I had folate deficiency symptoms my whole life. If they got worse when I started MeCbl I couldn't tell you. I was only injecting 2.5mg daily before I found Metafolin. I didn't find out about paradoxical folate deficiency until 4 years later. Edema and congestive heart failure continued until high doses of Metafolin and LCF were added, MCS, IBS, angular cheilitis and a few other things continued until I got Metafolin up into the 8mg daily area, then they became intermittent and finally mostly gone as I get up to 19200mcg of Metafolin. Without the Metafolin I might have died before now.
Here is my thing: not long prior to your protocol, I did happen to try methylb12 from MRM 2000mcg without any effect, good or bad, really nothing noticeable. After I added Solgar metafolin 800mcg, I did sense some lift. I am quite puzzled by myself: either the methylb12 from MRM is impotent or totally something else.

jjxx

Thanks for entertaining the question. The reason I asked is that I wondered if it's beneficial to begin a small dose (like 50-100mcg) of 5 star MeCbl ahead of time, along with the cofactors, and allow one's b12 levels to come up a bit before bringing in the methylfolate to launch startup. Since methylfolate can "start reactions going that have to have B12," it might be a good insurance policy to have a decent amount of b12 in your system ahead of time. Just a thought.
A great thought! I read online a UK doctor stresses the importance of treating b12 deficiency prior to folate deficiency. My understanding is the same as yours: must have some b12 first in your system before add in folate. I did experiment on myself by taking folate first, then in two hours adding b12, or by taking both at the same time. Guess what, I felt the difference: taking together feels much better! In my case, methylb12 alone doesn't seem do anything until I add metafolin, I am quite puzzled. I started a thread in the forum on my case.