• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FMT Fecal Transplant and Leaky Gut

I just finished a two week fecal transplant series at the Taymount Clinic.
So far so good-- they say it can take up to six months to realize the benefits.
I am concerned that if I have Leaky Gut syndrome that I will lose any progress I have made.
How do you cure a Leaky Gut?
Any advice or suggestions?

kangaSue

kangaSue

I just finished a two week fecal transplant series at the Taymount Clinic.
So far so good-- they say it can take up to six months to realize the benefits.
I am concerned that if I have Leaky Gut syndrome that I will lose any progress I have made.
How do you cure a Leaky Gut?
Any advice or suggestions?

I saw this bit of research recently on FMT, http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/291532.php

[The researchers found that the gut bacteria of patients who underwent FMT was normalized shortly after the procedure. They were surprised to find, however, that while the composition of patients' gut bacteria changed following FMT, it remained healthy for up to 21 weeks.]

I see a few doing FMT say that they follow up clinical treatment with monthly diy infusions, looking at that research you might want to think about doing that maybe once every three months or so to maintain the benefit.

The symptoms that I had that led me to the fecal transplant are primarily brain fog, fatigue, depression. I also have thyroid auto immune (Hashimotos).

Where can you get the lactulose-mannitol test? I know some places like Genova labs make you go through a doctor to get tests.

Has anyone tried NeuroProtect supplement (mast cell stabilizers)? I have had allergies throughout my life and wonder if I have a histamine intolerance.

Thanks for all the input.