• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Flowly Biofeedback

Hi Just thought I would share about a biofeedback virtual reality system I found and have been using. I'm trying to integrate mind body treatments to relax my nervous system and looking for things that I like doing and/or are short and easy to do so I will actually do them.
Flowly consists of an app you can download onto ur phone and a VR headset you wear that u put ur phone into for a more intensive experience. The app has guided lessons in different worlds where you wear a heart rate monitor and breathe following their screen and it measures your heart rate variability and how much time u spend in flow. It's pretty simple and I like the sessions are short 7-10mins I can handle that. This is the website Flowly

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I read reviews before getting the VR headset and used the app on my phone by itself for a week to see if I like it which I did. I guess some people find the graphics outdated, so if that matters to you maybe wouldn't like it. I think they're charming and soothing so it doesn't bug me.

So far I'm feeling better, but this is not the only thing I've implemented in the last few months I have been focusing in on lots of mind body and vagus nerve practices so I'm not sure what's doing what.