• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fixing Leaky Gut = One Possible ME/CFS Cure

Oci

Interesting. But I just came from supplementing a whole month with B2, so histamine breakdown should be optimized right now.

hi @Gondwanaland

So, B2 breaks down or inhibits histamine? Maybe this is why it can be good for migraines. thx

Thanks Gondwanaland and ebethc. I have been having itchy eyes and runny nose lately. Not sure if seasonal allergy (haven't had much in recent years) or is a reaction coming from the gut as I try different probiotics.

I also have migraines and my goal is to clear them out.

What kind of B2 and how much, Gondwanaland? FMN?

Oci

Some probiotics can raise histamines.

My most recent protocol was this one. I haven't had access to FMN yet.

Many thanks once again. I have been taking l reuteri along with L rhamnosus using Metagenics UltraFlora Women's. I will eliminate that for awhile and see what happens with the histamine symptoms.

Just wondering...will supplement companies not send to your country or is it that your country has strong filters that keep you from receiving? I'm in Canada and Health Canada does block some supps but I find some companies will still send most things.

Gondwanaland

Just wondering...will supplement companies not send to your country or is it that your country has strong filters that keep you from receiving? I'm in Canada and Health Canada does block some supps but I find some companies will still send most things.
Import duties are of 100% on the invoice total+shipping on anything sent by a business. Additionally, all packages sent by a business take much longer to be delivered (2-3 months) due to the time it takes to customs to scrutinize them.
And currency conversion just went from 2.5 to 4+

Glad to see this thread is still active, :). Just to give an update, I think the protocol in my opening post is working. My gut feels much better. I have added two more supplements to this protocol...

MSM
Calcium D-Glucarate

I will explain later or one of you smarties can do it for me, :).

I am a bit of a chatterbox this morning. I think for this protocol to successfully work, your methylation system must be up and running. Our bodies being able to metabolize proteins and fats are a must for our gut to be able to heal itself.

@perrier , maybe this thread can be helpful to your daughter and her situation. Not sure.

perrier

I am a bit of a chatterbox this morning. I think for this protocol to successfully work, your methylation system must be up and running. Our bodies being able to metabolize proteins and fats are a must for our gut to be able to heal itself.

@perrier , maybe this thread can be helpful to your daughter and her situation. Not sure.
I will study it closely and get back. She has been on all kinds of gut stuff, and no luck...you know, during one of her GI bleeds, I was chatting with the GI doctor, and he said medical science does not understand IBS at all at this point in time.

@perrier , sounds good man.

About this protocol thus far... let me re-iterate the steps...

1. Have a properly working Methylation Cycle... (Will talk about this more at a later date)

2. Heal any irritation that currently exist in the gut... Take the following supplements:

Twice Per Day
---
Proline 500 mg
Lysine 500 mg
Glycine 500 mg
Threonine 1000 mg
Serine 500 mg
Cysteine 500 mg
Glutamine 1000 mg (may cause constipation)

3. Add protective mucin layer back to the gut... Take the following supplements:

Once Per Day
---
Immunopro (1 scoop)

Twice Per Day
---
Calcium D-Glucarate 250 mg (once or twice per day with meals) or 500 mg (one per day with meals)
Colostrum 2000 mg (between meals) (may cause constipation)
MSM 500 mg (preferably one to two hours after the Colostrum or Immunopro)

Guys, I cannot guarantee that this will work, but it is sort of working for me right now.

You can cheat on step 3 if you can use a Mucin supplement straight up if it doesn't cause you constipation.

Hello guys,

I decided to cheat on Step 3 in the protocol and try to take a Mucin supplement again. I am a "I want it now" guy. I am taking one capsule of Pioneer Nutritional Formulas Comprehensive Gut Health every two days which supplies 50 mg of Mucin per dose. This time I am going to take 500 mg of Apple Pectin with each meal, hoping that the Pectin will expand the colon to accommodate the new thicken walls of the colon. Wish me luck guys. I hope to hear about your adventures with Mucin in the future.

PS. What would be a better fiber Apple Pectin or Psyllium for the task I am proposing for expanding the colon or filing down the mucus of the colon?

@gregh286 , thanks for the compliment. Compliments like this are the reason I keep going.

Guys,

My recent Mucin supplement taking experiment has failed. The heat, heaviness, and eventual constipation became too much for me so I took Dr. Christopher's Bone and Tissue to get rid of the mucus build up to start again. Again, this supplement may work for you because of your unique body parts and chemistry, but it didn't work for me. I read somewhere that taking individual essential sugars is not good because it could cause an imbalance which is what I probably experienced (https://osumex.us/acetneur.php).

It is back to the slow and steady protocol which accounts for all the essential sugars. One thing I am going to add to Step 3 - Add protective mucin layer back to the gut, is Glucosamine/Chrondrotin. As we may know, N-Acetyl Glucosamine is also something that adds a protective layer to our gut. However, I heard that supplementing N-Acetyl Glucosamine does not work due to a variety of reasons (https://osumex.us/acetglucose.php). You can get easily get a supplement that has Glucosamine, Chrondrotin, and MSM all in it. I like VitaminShoppe's version of this supplement because it offers lower dosages per pill like 250 mg of MSM instead of the industry standard of 500 mg MSM. I look forward to hearing back from some of you guys!

Love,

Your Lab Rat,

JA Guy

Oh yeah, one of the reasons I think my experiment failed is because of the Apple Pectin. My body does not handle fibers too well, which is why I probably experienced even worst constipation. I think it is because of the low gut flora. So, if one of you guys were to try the experiment, then it could work for you.

Its interesting....
Did your energy levels improve even with the heat and heaviness? Is fatigue your major complaint or its more pain.

This was published a while back.
Essentially you are taking protein shakes going by the aminos you are taking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...rinking-two-litres-protein-milkshake-DAY.html

This guy swears aminos cured him too:
http://cfsandme.co.uk/index.html

Hey,

When using the mucin supplement directly, if done in the right dosage, then yes I would say my energy level improved a lot. I felt physically stronger like I did back in my pre-illness days. It is all about dosage when taking the mucin supplement. You want to take the right amount to coat your intestines, but not too much. It didn't work for me, but it may work for you. Perhaps, my body is lacking an enzyme or something. I am going back to the slow approach.

Hello guys,

I just wanted to give you a fast update. I think adding Glucosamine/Chondroitin was the missing ingredient. The protocol is working. My gut feels protected. I am going to take a break from the protocol for a few days because want any bowel blockage. I am going to be careful not to take supplements that upset the left side of my colon, like anything that causes excess bile flow.