• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Filgotinib KDM

Daffodil

gilead will be releasing data in july 2019 i think, then submit NDA. Approval could take 8 months - year after that, or so I read. so looks like early 2020 for Filgotinib.

Wonder about competitor AbbVie's upadacitinib ...might be launched 2019? not sure

Daffodil

@knackers you took a dog med hahaha thats even crazier than things i have done!

i didnt know about this medicine....it inhibits mostly jak 1! i wonder why its only fog dogs

so you mentioned you felt better in the first few hours and then went back to baseline??

knackers323

@knackers you took a dog med hahaha thats even crazier than things i have done!

i didnt know about this medicine....it inhibits mostly jak 1! i wonder why its only fog dogs

so you mentioned you felt better in the first few hours and then went back to baseline??

Yes exactly, why is it only for dogs?

I cannot remember exactly now but I don't think it would have been straight back to baseline, I'd say it was the same effect I get from lots of things that modulate the immune system.

Get initial good improvements but they only take me so far or the body seems to adapt and/or I cannot continue.

For example plaquenil seemed to lower my immune system too much and I ended up feeling very sick on top of the usual symptoms

I get similar effect from at least five different meds, all good clues but the genius doctors just shrug their shoulders, if they are even willing to listen at all.

Real pillars of society.....

Daffodil

@knackers323 same thing happened with me and valcyte...MASSIVE improvements for a few days then nothing.

but i have my hopes pinned on the jak1 inhibitors .. making plans to live again ...so your news is worrying to say the least.

of course, we dont yet know the dosing and other specifics. also we would have to treat the other active infections too, i assume.

knackers323

@Daffodil is valcyte known to have strong immune modulating and anti inflammatory effects?

I'm assuming that's why you felt improvement.
What are your thoughts as to why it stopped helping?

Daffodil

@Daffodil is valcyte known to have strong immune modulating and anti inflammatory effects?

I'm assuming that's why you felt improvement.
What are your thoughts as to why it stopped helping?
hi knackers. i have no idea why or how it helped. it lasted just a few days.. burst of crazy energy. could not stop working, moving furniture, cleaning etc. the doctor i was seeing at the time took it as a sign i should stay on it and i did for a long time...but nothing. i had only very slight IgG elevation to HHV6 and that's all.

Same thing happened when I once switched to an expensive brand of L-Glutamine. Burst of superhuman energy that lasted a few days. I still take it most days but dont notice much.

xo

Aubry

CEO of Galapagos said Filgotinib would be released in 2020 (USA) and 2021 (Europe)