• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fauci likens “Long-haul” Covid-19 patients to ME/CFS patients

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
any effect on NK cells?

I don't know much about T cells or how they cause problems for CFS..
I haven’t seen NK cells mentioned, but...
CD8+ T cells from people with ME/CFS showed a decrease in energy production after activation. Notably, they had changes in their mitochondria—the structures that produce most of the cell’s energy.
Compared to cells taken from people without the disease, both CD4+ and CD8+ cells from people with ME/CFS had reduced glycolosis at rest. Glycolosis is another pathway that cells use to produce energy. CD8+ cells from people with ME/CFS also had reduced glycolysis after activation.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/immune-cell-metabolism-altered-me-cfs

ebethc

@Sushi

ah, thanks.... I've read this but forgot... I have been reading about TRP channels and making an assumption that impaired glycolosis is due to that (which it still could be...).. thanks for reminding me..

does the impaired CD4 + CD8 show up on a complement test?