• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Facts about COVID-19": Swiss Propaganda Research Article

pamojja

We should all make our decision regarding vaccinations. Yours, Lenora

Since I never suffered the flu without any vaccination (lots of harmless colds though; last 3-day sickness-leave in 2006), the risk of dying my age-group of covid-19 still being less than from the flu, probably had it already very mildly last February in Asia. Addtitionally working in essential infrastructure with immune-compormised clients without any transmissions.

And never in my life having regretting any of my refusals of invasive procedures after conscientious risk/benefit analysis. My dicision of course is already made with any of the until now available experimental vaccines.

Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID‐19 vaccines worsening clinical diseas

Timothy Cardozo
corrauth.gif
1 and Ronald Veazey 2

Abstract

Aims of the study
Patient comprehension is a critical part of meeting medical ethics standards of informed consent in study designs. The aim of the study was to determine if sufficient literature exists to require clinicians to disclose the specific risk that COVID‐19 vaccines could worsen disease upon exposure to challenge or circulating virus.

Methods used to conduct the study
Published literature was reviewed to identify preclinical and clinical evidence that COVID‐19 vaccines could worsen disease upon exposure to challenge or circulating virus. Clinical trial protocols for COVID‐19 vaccines were reviewed to determine if risks were properly disclosed.

Results of the study
COVID‐19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralizing antibodies may sensitize vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated. Vaccines for SARS, MERS and RSV have never been approved, and the data generated in the development and testing of these vaccines suggest a serious mechanistic concern: that vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralizing antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID‐19 disease via antibody‐dependent
continue reading here: Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID‐19 vaccines worsening clinical disease (nih.gov)

Last edited by a moderator:

lenora

Pamojja....Good Morning.

Also, how many people who have actually had the immunization, especially very, very old people, are showing any ill effects from them? Well, the fact that they didn't catch the virus and are still alive (and yes are probably equivalent to guinea pigs) is a rather outstanding proof that the vaccine works as required.

Again, people should be free to make up the own minds about whether or not to get the vaccine. And no, there are no easy answers, none. We've had 3 people in our families who have come down with the virus. Two were not adversely affected, but one my daughters, aged almost 50, was and had a harder time than the her daughter who was much, much younger. I'm not pressuring any of them into a vaccine because they're all old enough to make up their own minds. Yours, Lenora.

lenora

@Ecoclimber....That's why we have vaccine boosters, isn't it? If we're waiting for foolproof it will never come. We're human beings and we take our chances. Yours, Lenora.

pamojja

Again, people should be free to make up the own minds about whether or not to get the vaccine.

Absolutely agree. But making up one's mind also has become more difficult as a medical layperson. Even my respected GP belittled the anaphylactic danger in my case, by being of the opinion an oral anti-histamine alone would suffice. That's however not reflected in the experiences reported to VAERS, curiously offline since 2 weeks:

https://www.peakprosperity.com/forum-topic/vaers-system-temporarily-down/

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...owing-covid-vaccination-norway-deaths-rise-29

Some screenshots of individual VAERS can still be read if intererested at: https://prezi.com/i/byzl22mqwfaa/experiences-following-cvvaa/

Again. the decision for consent to an experimental vaccine should only be made in full knowledge and extent of any, even misicule, adverse events possible, and weighted against one's own individual real risks. And then be respected, also by my GP. As I respect everyones informed decision as well.

Ecoclimber

@Ecoclimber....That's why we have vaccine boosters, isn't it? If we're waiting for foolproof it will never come. We're human beings and we take our chances. Yours, Lenora.

Yes @lenora vaccine makers are well aware of the mutations and are preparing booster vaccine. This is
why it is so important to get the vaccine out there as quickly as possible to stop what viruses do best, mutate

THREAD

@DrTomFrieden
SARS-Cov-2 evolving to adapt to human context. Possible we eventually may need multivalent vaccines – vaccines to cover multiple strains. This wouldn’t be new. Polio: 3 strains. HPV: up to 9. Pneumococcal: up to 23. In future, could be where we’re heading with Covid vaccines. 7/

MORE INFO:

Moderna to study vaccine booster aimed at coronavirus variant

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine-variant-booster-study/593889/

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/...-pfizer-vaccine-effectiveness-booster/594140/

My Best Eco

ljimbo423

Aside from sudden death, examples of side effects include persistent malaise and extreme exhaustion, severe allergic, including anaphylactic reactions, multisystem inflammatory syndrome, psychological disturbances, seizures, convulsions and paralysis, including Bell’s Palsy

While there are severe side effects in some people to the vaccines, that number is very low in comparison to the number of daily deaths from Covid 19.

Here in the United States alone there is an average of over 3,000 people dying every day from Covid. Worldwide there's an average of over 13,000 people dying every day of Covid.

Weather someone wants to take the vaccine or not is up to each individual. I think it's important to way all the pros and cons before deciding weather to take it or not.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Hufsamor

Norway has recorded 29 senior citizen deaths in the wake of their vaccination push. Most were over the age of 75
Norway decided to take a close look at every death occurring after vaccination.
The result of the investigation was as follows:
(From fhi, Norwegian health institute)

Frail people with short life expectancy

For the vast majority of elderly people living with frailty, any side effects of the vaccine will be outweighed by a reduced risk of a severe COVID-19 disease course.

However, for people with severe frailty and those with a very short life expectancy, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences. Any benefits of taking the vaccine may be small. For these patients, their doctor should make a careful overall assessment and, in consultation with the patient and their relatives, decide whether the patient should be advised to take the vaccine.

Hufsamor

In Norway, we have approximately 400 deaths each week in our nursing homes,
and all the first doses of vaccine went to those homes.
As far as I understand, it has not been more deaths in those homes during the first two weeks of vaccination, than it would be during a normal week. (If I get other information, to contradict this, I will let you know.)

But- if you are so sick already, that you might die from a low grade fever, they have decided you might as well not get vaccination

ljimbo423

In Norway, we have approximately 400 deaths each week in our nursing homes,
and all the first doses of vaccine went to those homes.
As far as I understand, it has not been more deaths in those homes during the first two weeks of vaccination, than it would be during a normal week. (If I get other information, to contradict this, I will let you know.)

But- if you are so sick already, that you might die from a low grade fever, they have decided you might as well not get vaccination

I don't think everyone should get the vaccine. These people living with very severe frailty probably shouldn't get it.

I think it's important for people to have as many facts as possible to make a well informed decision weather to get it or not. Thanks for info. Hufsamor.

lenora

I have no idea how many of you have had the vaccination I'll be having my first dose of a Pfizer vaccine on Saturday at at a nearby hospital. I'm considered to be in dire need of it.

After reading about the comments from Dr. Mercola, I wonder why this hasn't appeared in the news, if it's true? Yes, I know people who have had reactions from the Moderna vaccine on the second dose. Some became ill, but most were 80 yrs. and over. All are fine now.

My neurologist has told me that I'm safer having the vaccine than not doing so. Since we've been compatible for 35+ yrs., I'll listen to his opinion. Jim, I hope you'll have the chance to have the vaccine soon...if you want it, of course. Each person has to make up his/her mind...and yes, it's a chance, but isn't COVID an even larger one?

I expect to feel somewhat ill after the 2nd dose especially, but you know, I'm darned ill now. I can fight off a little illness, but COVID itself, I doubt it. So that makes two of my doctors who want me to have it...the important ones, my cardiologist and my neurologist. Wish me good fortune. I'll get back to you on how things went. Yours, Lenora.

ljimbo423

Jim, I hope you'll have the chance to have the vaccine soon...if you want it, of course.

I'm actually pretty sure I've already had Covid. So I'm not concerned about getting a vaccine. I take A LOT of herbs that boost my immune system. Even before I started taking the herbs, I hadn't had a cold or flu in years.

It seams my ME/CFS is causing my immune system to be over-active. So the herbs I was taking, in conjunction with my already over-active immune response from ME/CFS, I think made the Covid 19 I got very mild. Covid was the first virus I had in 10-15 years or longer!

Each person has to make up his/her mind...and yes, it's a chance, but isn't COVID an even larger one?

Yes, I think it is for most people.

Best of luck with your vaccine. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Wayne

After reading about the comments from Dr. Mercola, I wonder why this hasn't appeared in the news, if it's true?

Hi @lenora -- I wondered the same thing. My own best guess is that a fair number of people who are very frail, and likely a few who weren't, have died from the vaccine. I would guess it's a similar ratio to those that actually get COVID-19, where many elderly die, but relatively few younger people die.

I suspect the news media doesn't cover this because they don't want to discourage people from getting the vaccine. But that strikes me as censorship if that's the case, and being outright untruthful if you look at it closely. It reminds me of Fauci and others in government in the beginning of the pandemic who poo pooed the wearing of masks. Not because they didn't work, but because they wanted available masks to go to health care workers. Why not just say that? Why not be honest?

It seams my ME/CFS is causing my immune system to be over-active.

Hi @ljimbo423 -- That's the case with me as well, which I believe puts me at a low risk of contracting COVID-19. When I add in all the preventative measures I'm taking, I think the odds are extremely low that an infection would ever take off on me, or have a significant impact on my body.

That said, I have a very reactive system, and believe I could easily go into some kind of anphylatic shock if I were to get a vaccine injected directly into my bloodstream. When we normally get exposed to a virus, our natural defenses in our sinuses and other places can initiate a very strong immune reaction. From my understanding, that's not the case when a virus (or vaccine) can bypass normal entry points into the body.

lookinglass

What to do.....i am 83 female and shielding. Have had M.E. And CFS for 13 years. Started after a flue jab. I have asthma cough variant. Take steroid inhaler. Hashimotos, insufficient adrenalin and tachycardia. If I got Covid I know I would not survive it. know I would not recover. If I have the vaccine my body will go into decline ...what’s my best option?