• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eye strain - burning brain - Occipital pain. Is it all caused by neuropathy/nerve inflammation?

ChookityPop

I would love ideas to what this can be.

I have immune mediated SFN and I suspect large nerve inflammation in both arms (ulnar nerve) as well as outter thighs and calfs.

I get terrible eye strain and pain when I exert my eyes too much from reading and other things where I have to move my eyes a lot. It also feels like my eyes are stiffening up. I strained my right eye two weeks ago and I can feel my right eye and right brain all the time now. Idk if thats whats going on but thats what it feels like. I "never" struggle with brain fog but after the last two weeks I cant even hold a conversation for 5 minutes before I get insane brainfog and my eyes starts squinting and burning again.

I also get pain in the occipital part of my brain/head and I can also have burning pain in my scalp/brain (It feels like its the top of my brain but Idk). It feels like someone has been scratching the top of my brain with a dry crisp old towel.

I have these symptoms all over my body and when the symptoms occur, worsens or gets triggered it is always in relation to inflamed nerves. Like for example the large nerves in my arms (ulnar nerve). I also struggle with muscle spasms and increased muscle tone that respond to baclofen but sadly it flares my neuropathy.

Rufous McKinney

as well as outter thighs and calfs.

I have some of this numbness crap. Outer right thigh matches outer right arm and outer right foot and outer right hand. (I used to blame this numb hand thing on the MOUSE) (but I think that was a mistake)

electronic devices do make all that feel much much worse.

I get terrible eye strain and pain

my eyes are a mess. and I've flunked getting help for it. I think they have improved some on my b-caryophylene experiment. (I'm using Copaiba Oil topically)

But this eye thing is tied to my brain, located nearby. It feels all hooked together with the weird electrical feeling that sort of is tinnitus but not quite.

I strained my right eye two weeks ago and I can feel my right eye and right brain all the time now

my right side is much more ill. So is my right eye.

I "never" struggle with brain fog

Consider yourself lucky there.

in the evening, my feet are numb. During the day, they usually aren't.