• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Expertise in post-viral illness and ME/CFS

SWAlexander

Expert Virtual Care for Long COVID
One in three people who have been ill with COVID develop long term health effects including disabling fatigue, cognitive and mood disorders, and many other symptoms.
We can help.
RTHM brought on post-viral illness & ME/CFS expert Jennifer M. Curtin MD from Center for Complex Diseases to write up clinical guidance for, help train, and continue to support RTHMs Long COVID providers so our patients are in good hands. Dr. Curtin recovered from ME/CFS and has POTS herself so she brings both a patient & provider’s perspective to the table.
Dr. Curtin finished her Internal Medicine residency at UC Irvine in 2016 and has been primarily treating patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and conditions that frequently overlap, like POTS, MCAS, small fiber polyneuropathy, autoimmune conditions, fibromyalgia, etc. for the past 6 years.
Dr. Curtin is a member of the US ME/CFS Clinician Coalition and a co-author on the coalition’s updated ME/CFS diagnosis and treatment recommendations published in Mayo Clinic Proceedings this year. Dr. Curtin is a member of IACFS/ME, and has been doing Long COVID & ME/CFS advocacy work with MEAction since October 2020.
https://rthm.com/