• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experiences with Homeo KMAF?

GcMAF Australia

Having said that the KMAF contained GcMAF, i have received an emai; which seems to indicate that KMAF contains the frequency analog??

suzanne

That seems to ring true. I had heard (via this site) that the KMAF was modelled on the same bio chemical structure as GcMAF.

On a side note, I have been feeling very nauseaus and headachey over the last few days ( these are my usual exacerbated symptoms when my immune is activated). So, I added one drop of KMAF to my mix and wow, today I have felt shocking. I am convinced it does something. I will see how I feel on day 4 or 5. I am just amazed that I can discern a difference on one drop, but there are others that have similar sensitivities.

I am in a bit of a bind about the benicar. The first few weeks I felt better and had no migraines. Now at week 4 I feel pretty terrible with head pain, some body ache and nausea. I am sure it is because the immune effect of the drug (as opposed to its anti inflammatory action) has kicked in. I have dropped the dose to the smallest amount- about 1 mg 3 times a day. I did skip one day but felt worse when I did that. I would stop the benicar altogether and just do GcMAF but I am afraid of the IRIS now , and the benicar has been helpful for my rolling migraine problem, probably due to the anti inflammatory effect?

I am just muddling along really, trying to find a pathway to a slightly better place. Who would think that the healing pathway could be so tough. Mmm.

Forebearance

Has anyone had any positive effects from the KMAF?
I felt some positive effects from the injectible GcMAF, and fewer from the MAF 878.
This is only worth doing if I can get something out of it!

suzanne

I have not taken a significant dose for a sustained period of time- only taken KMAF over about 4 weeks and taken it a really low dose ( 1 drop a week). So, sorry I am not able to be specific about whether it wil be of benefit. I can say, though that based on my diary notes I have a worsening of symptoms at about say 2-4 every time I take it. I was not looking out for this- I have realised it by going back on my diary notes over the last month.

I am undecided about whether I am going to stay on this. I am inclined to now go back on to GcMAF as I felt better on that- but got really bad inflammatory symptoms after 1 month. It has now been about 4 months since I was on the GcMAF so I am thinking of trying that again at a 1/4 of my last dose- around 5 ng each week.

I am just hoping my GcMAF is still effective- we had a power black out for a day and it was in the freezer, so hopefully ok.

Have you taken any KMAF yet? I would love to know how this impacts for you. What dose are you going to start on?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have not taken a significant dose for a sustained period of time- only taken KMAF over about 4 weeks and taken it a really low dose ( 1 drop a week). So, sorry I am not able to be specific about whether it wil be of benefit. I can say, though that based on my diary notes I have a worsening of symptoms at about say 2-4 every time I take it. I was not looking out for this- I have realised it by going back on my diary notes over the last month.

I am undecided about whether I am going to stay on this. I am inclined to now go back on to GcMAF as I felt better on that- but got really bad inflammatory symptoms after 1 month. It has now been about 4 months since I was on the GcMAF so I am thinking of trying that again at a 1/4 of my last dose- around 5 ng each week.

I am just hoping my GcMAF is still effective- we had a power black out for a day and it was in the freezer, so hopefully ok.

Have you taken any KMAF yet? I would love to know how this impacts for you. What dose are you going to start on?

Hi Suzanne,

Your GcMAF should still be OK. Also, some of have been put on dosing every other week or every third week, so you could try a low dose that way for a while if you want to be extra cautious. Is you Vit D 1,25 down now?

Sushi

Symptomatic

I finally got my Nagalase results today (7 weeks!), 1.80. At least I know I'm on the right path. Have asked my Dr. whether I should increase the KMAF, and/or consider GcMAF.

suzanne

Hi Sushi
That is really interesting about the dosing every other week. I am definitely going to take a cautious path for a few months when I re-introduce the GcMAF and so I will try this suggestion at least in the first while and run it past my dr.

I am about to have my 1-25D re tested, so I am not sure what it is currently.

cheers

Suzanne

Forebearance

Hi Suzanne,

I just got an email saying my KMAF has been shipped. So now I'm just waiting for it.

I'll start out at the smallest dose I can manage to get. Less than a drop, for sure.
I'll take it once and wait to see what happens.
If inflammation remains a big problem for me, I might switch to aloe capsules instead. They are supposed to increase macrophage activity.

Good luck with your experiments!
Fore

suzanne

Fore...keep us posted.

I am going to reintroduce a much smaller dose of GcMAF ( about 5 ng which will be the first dose after almost 4 months off) . Then, like you, wait and see before my next move.

My KMAF trial has not been long enough to reach conclusions- it definitely has made me feel worse (days 1-4) but no better- at this point. This may not be significant, as I have taken only a 1 drop of KMAF a week over 4 weeks.

Good luck in your trial.

Symptomatic

Hey, that's great, Symptomatic!

Thanks! Doctor suggested an increase to 8 drops/day, I've decided to go with 5 drops, 2X/day (so 10 drops/day for now). Not sure about support if I want to do GcMAF (that question in my e-mail wasn't answered), will probe more at my January appt.

Dr. wants to stick with KMAF for a few months and check labs before making any decisions, and I agree with this.

Symptomatic

Received 4 new bottles of KMAF this week, so now cranking up to 10 drops, 2X/day.

Got results from blood draw last week, my calcium is still high and my 1,25D is near 100 pg/mL again. Both of those numbers were down for a period of several months, so I'm pretty sure one of the meds I'm on has caused them to go high again. Not sure if we'll eliminate meds one by one, or eliminate them all and start over from scratch <sigh>. Since so many of you have reported normalization of VitD with various forms of MAF, I'll probably keep that in the mix for now.

Overstressed

Received 4 new bottles of KMAF this week, so now cranking up to 10 drops, 2X/day.

Got results from blood draw last week, my calcium is still high and my 1,25D is near 100 pg/mL again. Both of those numbers were down for a period of several months, so I'm pretty sure one of the meds I'm on has caused them to go high again. Not sure if we'll eliminate meds one by one, or eliminate them all and start over from scratch <sigh>. Since so many of you have reported normalization of VitD with various forms of MAF, I'll probably keep that in the mix for now.

Hi Symptomatic,

I would be cautious saying that so many reported normalized VitD. Initially, my vit-D levels went up too, and my 1,25D down. But, for some unknown reason(re-activation of latently infected cells?), my figures got inverted again, i.e. vit-D down(25-OH) and 1,25 up. This was beginning of this year, and I experienced a significant relapse, with autoimmune figures worsening and for some unknown reason, I'm not able to stop that process... And for that reason I quit Gc-Maf since August, and cut down Gc-Maf significantly since March.

I would be very cautious if I were you, a relapse is to be avoided at any price. Perhaps Sushi can say what you need to do when your vit-D is going the wrong direction.

Best wishes,
OS.

Symptomatic

Hi OS,

Thanks for the words of wisdom/warning - I appreciate it.

So sorry to hear about your relapse. Can I ask what your nagalase numbers were/are? How long were you on GcMAF and at what doses? (If you have a thread somewhere with this info, let me know, I don't want to make you repeat it all for no good reason). I'm feeling like I need to explore KMAF/GcMAF since my nagalase is high. I have been in contact with Sushi and will definitely continue to do so, what a wealth of info!

alice

My doctor send me a bottle of KMaf and the directions say 5 - 10 drops three times a day! After re-reading some of these posts, this sounds like a huge amount. I think I will start with 1 drop a day and if I have the same reaction as some of you are, I may wait a week before I try one more drop. Anyway with the holidays coming up, I want to be extra cautious.

It sounds like some of you are taking both GcMaf and KMaf. Is that a better way of doing it? I was on GcMaf for 3 months and I decided to stop GcMaf for awhile because of diarrhea which I am not totally sure was caused by the GcMaf. I was also diagnosed with colitis, plus sometime last August I had e.Coli food poisoning and ended up with a very wrecked gut from something. I am now off the meds for the colitis and want to start on some Maf again. Appreciate any comments.

Overstressed

Hi OS,

Thanks for the words of wisdom/warning - I appreciate it.

So sorry to hear about your relapse. Can I ask what your nagalase numbers were/are? How long were you on GcMAF and at what doses? (If you have a thread somewhere with this info, let me know, I don't want to make you repeat it all for no good reason). I'm feeling like I need to explore KMAF/GcMAF since my nagalase is high. I have been in contact with Sushi and will definitely continue to do so, what a wealth of info!

Hi Symptomatic,

I started Gc-Maf -full dose on a weekly base- in May 2010. After 28 weeks, my Nagalase was 0.7. Sadly, I don't have my Nagalase at baseline. Despite my Nagalase level, I felt I improved on some aspects, but for other aspects, there was plenty of room of improvement. So, I continued to receive in total nearly 70 injections, full dose. Note that I had to stop the treatment a few times due to heavy headaches. Until beginning of this year, when I started to experience a relapse -which still continues- I first moved to a smaller dose(half) to finally quit Gc-Maf around August.

Since the relapse, my bloodwork is the worst ever: ESR got higher(still normal range though), my Thyroid antibodies got worse, my TSH got higher(still normal range). My T-helper cells increased in numbers(which is typical for autoimmune). I have a lot of questions concerning my relapse. I was supplementing Vit-D at that time, so I don't know if that might have caused the relapse. Also, ginger is very bad for me, and at that time I was eating more than usual Asian food. Perhaps I had too much ginger, which caused a relapse?

Lately, I'm also thinking -when I look at the amount of received Gc-Maf doses- I might just be a typical non-responder. I didn't had my Nagalase retested, lately. I assume it might be high. On the other hand, nobody really knows if Nagalase is a real bio-marker, since Yamamoto's work could not be replicated to date. More, in the Gc-Maf thread, you can find a report, where they tried to replicate Yamamoto's findings, and didn't succeed. They concluded that the three molecule's sugar is intact, so Gc-Maf doesn't work the way Yamamoto'describes in his paper.

There are lot of people experienced with Gc-Maf, some to good success, and others to failure. It's important to learn from them to avoid a relapse. Gc-Maf might help you, if you start slow, and low, and do not supplement with Vit-D. There are risks, it's experimental, and to date, nobody really knows what it does.

Best wishes,
OS.

Symptomatic

Thanks OS!

I will most certainly NOT be supplementing with Vit D. I have high 1,25D so not only do not supplement, but also avoid sun exposure as much as possible. This is not the proper route for everyone, but since my high 1,25D causes hypercalcemia, it is absolutely appropriate for me and my situation.

Thanks also for the info about the paper in the GcMAF thread, I will hunt around for that and take a peek. I definitely want as much info as possible before starting down that road.

Symptomatic

Update: Saw doctor two days ago. Brought along my 23andMe results - doc said that my CBS C699T +/- is why curcumin wasn't good for me. My own digging has also uncovered that Proguanil (one of the components of the antimalarial I was taking, Malarone) is contraindicated with my MTHFR C677T +/-. Thankfully, I stopped the curcumin back in July, and the Malarone a few weeks ago.

At least I have some insight as to why it seemed like things were regressing rather than progressing. Hopefully things will get back on track here in the not-too-distant future.

We are staying the course with Benicar, Mino, Zith, LDN, and KMAF. Keeping the KMAF at 10 drops, 2X/day. Waiting a bit longer before retesting Nagalase, but will do HDRI methylation cycle testing to see how that relates to the 23andMe data, and to help determine what supplements to add/what order to add them.

Doc is not willing to deal with injectable GcMAF (I think fear of possible legal repercussions, not because the treatment wouldn't be a good one), but supports me either consulting with another doctor to do it, or going it alone with oversight (willing to write Rx for labs to monitor things, etc.). So I'm going to wait a few months to see if the KMAF is helping before figuring out my path forward with GcMAF.

suzanne

Forebearance
Did you ever trial the KMAF?
I was just reading through all these posts again, and realised that your ordered the KMAF at the end of November...how did you go on it? I know you are really sensitive to supplements..and I can relate to this!

I also read on the pro health site that you had been trying aloe. By coincidence I have just taken some aloe over the last 5 days and have had the most horrendous reaction...just like IRIS. The symptoms were worst on day 4-5 just like when I take GcMAF...you said that aloe can increase macrophages..is this really the case? Can you tolerate aloe vera? I took about 1/4 cup and had a good day the 24 hours after taking it and crashed badly due to inflammation ( bad headache, neck, back, wrists and body itch) on days 2-5.

Let us know how you are doing.

Symptomatic

I have posted in other threads, but should probably also post an update here. Got my HDRI methylation test results, which were very consistent with my 23andMe data. Before starting any methylation protocol, had blood pulled for baseline:

Calcium was at high end of normal range (I'd like to see it lower, in the 9s, but at least it was in range, and not above), but the really good news for me was that my CRP was down to 4.5 (typically 8-ish, has been up near 16 once), the only other time I've ever had an in-range number for that was way back in 2004 (and it was high before that in 2003). Not sure what to attribute this to, but I'm glad to see the number there. I need to see a few more in-range before I get too excited, but hope this means I'm heading in the right direction. My doctor attributes this to increasing Benicar to 4X/day from 2X/day, but who knows.

I will be seeing my doctor in early April, and have advised that I'd like my nagalase retested at that time. I will have been on the Homeo-KMAF about 6 months by then (most of that time at 10 drops, 2X/day), so I'm thinking that if it's doing anything, we should be able to see it. I'll post here when I have those results, which can take several weeks.

I started a version of the SMP last week. Have been taking hydroxocobalamin daily. After a few days on that alone, started adding in TMG, 5-MTHF, and folinic acid (I'm rotating them). Feel good now, we'll see how it goes.