• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Treatment for CFS

BeADocToGoTo1

This is what resolved 99% of my CFS symptoms, and I am hoping that fellow sufferers (and doctors) will at least consider it as a path to check out. It is sadly not on the radar of most doctors and sufferers, but conceptually (in hindsight) quite simple.

With exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI), not enough pancreatic enzymes are available to break down food into usable nutrients. Subsequent nutrient deficiencies (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids) cause issues with metabolic pathways and mitochondrial functioning. Essentially the body is slowly shutting down, with hundreds of downstream symptoms, of which CFS is one.

I started a post here to raise awareness:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...y-epi-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cfs.62997/

YippeeKi YOW !!

With exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI), not enough pancreatic enzymes are available to break down food into usable nutrients. Subsequent nutrient deficiencies (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids) cause issues with metabolic pathways and mitochondrial functioning. Essentially the body is slowly shutting down, with hundreds of downstream symptoms, of which CFS is one.
@BeADocToGoTo1
Love your user name ..... also sadly true ....

Your post is filled with fascinating mind triggers and insights, and thank you for posting it. Very, very good.

BeADocToGoTo1

@BeADocToGoTo1
Love your user name ..... also sadly true ....

Your post is filled with fascinating mind triggers and insights, and thank you for posting it. Very, very good.

Thank you for your kind words! I just hope the info will help. I believe that millions are suffering from it and many do not even know it. Most doctors do not know how to spot it because of the wide range of overlapping symptoms. It does not help that the little crucial organ is split into two specialties (endocrinology and gastroenterology), neither specialty talking to each other, and neither seeing the big picture of the overall health impact and CFS. Doctors will usually only diagnose it when 90% of the functionality is gone, but does that mean that if you are breaking down food 20% less or 50% less effectively than a healthy person that this will not cause nasty effects? It might take longer...

BeADocToGoTo1

Below are some of the recognizable ME / CFS symptoms, which in my case were caused by effects from exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, and treated successfully:
  • Post-exertional exhaustion, malaise, fatigue (PEM)
  • Neurological issues such as delayed reactions, memory loss, abnormal sleep patterns, headaches, temporary dyslexia, temporary stuttering, brain fog, confusion, difficulty processing information, difficulty understanding conversations, paresthesia
  • Motor impairments, poor coordination, sudden clumsiness, weakness, spasms
  • Immune symptoms, non-stop flu-like malaise, difficulty healing
  • Gastrointestinal dysfunctions
  • Chronic pain, fatigue and malaise
  • Cardiovascular dysfunctions
  • Breathing dysfunctions
  • Sensitivities to light, noise, heat, cold, smell, taste
  • Blurry eyesight, night blindness
  • House-bound for years and bed/couch bound for many months