• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Excellent book about managing severe M.E/CFS, highly recommend

anniekim

In case people are not aware of it, I would just like to flag up an excellent book written this year by a female, severe M.e sufferer (British) called 'Severe M.E: A Guide to Living'. There is a website, www.severeme.info and the book can be posted overseas.

It has heaps of advice living with severe M.e from the practical to the emotional and I would highly recommend it. It is primarily aimed at those who are predominantly bedridden but people who are not as bad as this would still find useful information and advice.

The website advises international readers the following:

'Severe ME/CFS: A Guide to Living contains detailed information on personal care, mobility, symptom control, communications, nutrition, emotions, activity management and much more which will be helpful to anyone suffering from or involved in the care of someone with severe ME anywhere in the world.

However, as it was written primarily for UK readership, it lists many services, contact details and entitlements which will not be relevant to people outside the UK and the names of medications may differ from country to country.'

Please also note that the book is not being sold for profit for the author or charity publishing it.