• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equality and human rights Commission is undertaking an inquiry into disability-relate

aruschima

I know nothing
M.e. Twopenneth Equality and human rights Commission is undertaking an inquiry into disability-related harassment and how well this is currently being addressed by public authorities. Some people use the word bullying when they are talking about harassment.
We want to hear from anyone who has been bullied or harassed and from organisations that work for/with disabled people, including voluntary and community sector organisations, public authorities (such as local councils, police, housing, social services and education) and public transport operators.
http://tiny.cc/67g2o
ME/CFIDS advocate groups internationally should respond together on this. ME/CFIDS can cause disability which has been fraudulently been reclassified as a psychiatric condition. This means that many people have been wrongfully sectioned and misdiagnosed ME/CFIDS sufferers have been denied access to the proper medical care or services. Any Dr that has cared for and treated ME/CFS with the respect that it deserves has also been harassed.
Many people are scared of mentioning Drs names but I think complaints can be made anonymously!
http://tiny.cc/w15xr
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Article 2 Definitions
"Discrimination on the basis of disability" means any distinction, exclusion or restriction on the basis of disability which has the purpose or effect of impairing or nullifying the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal basis with others, of all human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, civil or any other field. It includes all forms of discrimination, including denial of reasonable accommodation;
May be one of you guys could ask for advice from the fella below? Just a thought about tackling this problem from all angles. What do you think? Or should I try to start a new thread?
Maybe speak to a Social Security Disability Attorney?
about a month ago Report