• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eppstein Barr confirmed by blood test and blood smear

Sarahloudobby

I just had results back of a full blood count and tests and if confirmed I have/had EBV and that my
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate is 6 mm/h [0.0 - 7.0] the second part is apparently satisfactory.
I’m not sure what to make of it but it’s the first time a test has been positive for something.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Has your doctor mentioned treatment options? Will they be willing to give you antivirals? I would request a long cycle of them if they do...maybe even find literature from Dr Lerner or others somewhere on PR or elsewhere that you can show to them explaining that it can take several months to know if they are going to be effective for our disease.

I'm glad you finally have something of a diagnosis though. At least it gives you a place to start on maybe feeling better. I hope.

The other thing is there is a recent post on here by Mrparadise that talks about toxoplasmosis gondii. I downloaded some of what the doctor he wrote about has on his website and have been trying to read it. At one point I think I remember that doctor mentioning EBV and other viruses and how the t. gondii can assist the viruses in reactivating. I think. Memory is bad lately but I think I read something like that in his case studies pdf.

A doctor Amy Proul interviewed about long covid also mentioned that 1 in 3 people have been exposed to it at some point in their lifetimes and that it can also affect immunity and reactivation of viruses. I added it to Mrparadise's thread.

Anyway, hope you can get some help with the EBV from your doctors.

Edit: Are you holding a falcon in your new avatar?

Sarahloudobby

Thankyou so much. I have a doctors appointment on Monday morning. I will discuss it then and see what he days.
my avatar It’s a barn owl which has a melatonin condition causing it to have a red face rather than a white one.