• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

emergency report from China

hanchuchu

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing the report on behalf of a great number of people who need urgent assistance from the international community.

Please just take 5 minutes to go it through. The information contained herein is very urgent and important for the whole human beings' health.

In China, there are tens of thousands of people infected with an unidentified virus after having sex out of marriage such as sex trade and one night stand, even with condoms in the whole intercourse process, including oral sex. These people have the same symptoms, which are close or identical to that of HIV. Unfortunately, after checking the body by every means currently available, the patients are told they are NOT HIV positive. Then, with the assistance and the guidance of experienced doctors, they attempt to examine all the viruses, which may cause the same symptoms with that of HIV. However, these attempts absolutely failed. Some doctors are of the opinion that the symptoms are resulting from their high psychological pressure. This view is immediately denied by these patients and the fact. The reality is that the patients' health condition is deteriorating so rapidly, which can not be explained merely from a psychological perspective. Consequently, some doctors have to accept the fact that one unknown virus does exist.

The most dangerous and fatal characteristic of this disease is that it attacks immune system and can be spread by saliva and sweat, which means you have a possibility to be infected when you have dinner with or even talk to someone. Many people passed the virus to their families and friends when sharing dinner. Therefore, we hereby bring the urgent issue to the attention of the whole international community. If this disease is not tackled in an appropriate manner immediately, the number of people to be infected will be multiplied very soon and the consequence will be devastating.

As reported from many PRC news agencies, the PRC CDC, leaded by an expert named Zeng Guang, has started the investigation of this disease and collect the information of the infected. However, we can not only rely on our government. For the purpose of finding out the virus soonest possible, we have to raise the awareness of the media, the expert and the ordinary people and seek outside assistance. We are contacting various organisations now, including the WHO and other numerous research centres. One American research centre has preliminarily decided to take some blood samples from us.

We firmly believe anyone who has the human conscience and respects human life will not just sit aside and watch us dying. Digging out the truth is not only important for us but also for the human beings as a whole.

When you read this report, please take it seriously. We are willing to let any hospital and research centre to take the blood sample from us for whatever purpose.

If you don't believe the story we are telling, you can search the relevant media reports from the PRC websites. Please lend us your hands and let more people know what is happening.

one infected person from mainland China

K

_Kim_

Is this a copy of your letter?

Hi hanchuchu,

Welcome to the boards. Who did you send this letter to? I wanted to point out that your bolded statement
The most dangerous and fatal characteristic of this disease is that it attacks immune system and can be spread by saliva and sweat
is inaccurate. There have been no verifications that the virus can be transmitted through either saliva or sweat. Dr. Judy Mikovits has been publicly quoted as saying they found the presence of the retrovirus in saliva. Keep in mind that HIV is also present in saliva, but is not transmissable via that route.

Please do not spread unfounded information like that. On this forum, you'll find all the information that has been published about XMRV to date. Here is one thread that has all of the media links in one place

hanchuchu

Hi hanchuchu,

Welcome to the boards. Who did you send this letter to? I wanted to point out that your bolded statement is inaccurate. There have been no verifications that the virus can be transmitted through either saliva or sweat. Dr. Judy Mikovits has been publicly quoted as saying they found the presence of the retrovirus in saliva. Keep in mind that HIV is also present in saliva, but is not transmissable via that route.

Please do not spread unfounded information like that. On this forum, you'll find all the information that has been published about XMRV to date. Here is one thread that has all of the media links in one place

I am sending this report to all the people who really care about us. I have emphasized that it is a HIV-like virus, but it is not HIV and XMRV. All the tests indicate that people are NOT HIV positive. You may doubt the story, but what I am telling is the truth. I have wrote Dr. Judy Mikovits about the situation in China.

Andrew

I am sending this report to all the people who really care about us. I have emphasized that it is a HIV-like virus, but it is not HIV and XMRV. All the tests indicate that people are NOT HIV positive. You may doubt the story, but what I am telling is the truth. I have wrote Dr. Judy Mikovits about the situation in China. But I don't want to merely rely on our government.

Hi. I searched and all I could find is reports about H1N1/A in China. Is this what you are talking about? If not, do you have an English language page that talks about this.

MEKoan

Hi Hanchuchu,

I think the English language news piece I've linked here is about your situation:

http://paper.sznews.com/szdaily/20091020/ca2921154.htm

I apologize that I am posting something which talks so much about hysteria and phobias and emotional problems -- fear of AIDS. We understand what it is like not to be believed because we have been in the same situation and have seen news items like this about our illness. I post this article to illustrate to other posters here, the similarities to our situation.

(For Forum members: The relevant info begins several paragraphs down but there is an interesting comment that infection with HIV is often accompanied by flu like symptoms, initially, which could certainly cause confusion among PWC. The second half of the piece could well describe the experience of PWC in an environment with less/different information.)

One of the people with the condition, who was interviewed for the piece, says that he believes many of the people in the Chinese chatrooms are not ill but many are and that they cannot get a diagnosis or treatment and are treated badly. This is also very much like our experience. It is likely that we suffer from more than one condition with similar symptoms but that many of us have a new, emerging, probably viral illness.

You will want to keep following developments regarding XMRV. Viruses don't care about geopolitical boundaries, as we all know, and it may be your problem. I do not believe you can rule it out at this point given that you cannot be tested for it, yet.

I would suggest you do not speculate about transmission, etc., and stick only to what you can absolutely prove to be true. Unless you know, for certain, and it can be scientifically proven, that people can transmit it over dinner, leave that out of your message. Stick to only that which you can prove and your message will be most effective.

I know internet access is censored in Mainland China and it is not possible for you to access things like Facebook but perhaps someone has an overseas relative who could be the face of your illness on Facebook, or another social networking site, and get the word out.

I would also suggest that you do as much research about our illness, situation, history and current research as you are able since it may be relevant to your situation.

Can someone point Hanchuchu to the best and briefest summation of ME/CFS/CFIDS up to and including XMRV?

Koan

ETA People in the west have not fared much better, if any better at all, than you have. However, things appear to be changing for a percentage of the patient poplulation: those with XMRV. Be hopeful about that, if you can.

hanchuchu

Hi. I searched and all I could find is reports about H1N1/A in China. Is this what you are talking about? If not, do you have an English language page that talks about this.

Dear Andrew,

It is not H1N1 and CFS. Some chinese news agency has reported this. There is no English language page currently, which is the reason I post the information here. Facebook is blocked, so I have no way to access it. I have wrote Dr. Judy for help. We are in the process of contacting foreign medias like BBC. I hope you can believe me. I cannot wait. I decide to fly to the US to isolate the virus if possible.

hanchuchu

Hi Hanchuchu,

I think the English language news piece I've linked here is about your situation:

http://paper.sznews.com/szdaily/20091020/ca2921154.htm

I apologize that I am posting something which talks so much about hysteria and phobias and emotional problems -- fear of AIDS. We understand what it is like not to be believed because we have been in the same situation and have seen news items like this about our illness. I post this article to illustrate to other posters here, the similarities to our situation.

(For Forum members: The relevant info begins several paragraphs down but there is an interesting comment that infection with HIV is often accompanied by flu like symptoms, initially, which could certainly cause confusion among PWC. The second half of the piece could well describe the experience of PWC in an environment with less/different information.)

One of the people with the condition, who was interviewed for the piece, says that he believes many of the people in the Chinese chatrooms are not ill but many are and that they cannot get a diagnosis or treatment and are treated badly. This is also very much like our experience. It is likely that we suffer from more than one condition with similar symptoms but that many of us have a new, emerging, probably viral illness.

You will want to keep following developments regarding XMRV. Viruses don't care about geopolitical boundaries, as we all know, and it may be your problem. I do not believe you can rule it out at this point given that you cannot be tested for it, yet.

I would suggest you do not speculate about transmission, etc., and stick only to what you can absolutely prove to be true. Unless you know, for certain, and it can be scientifically proven, that people can transmit it over dinner, leave that out of your message. Stick to only that which you can prove and your message will be most effective.

I know internet access is censored in Mainland China and it is not possible for you to access things like Facebook but perhaps someone has an overseas relative who could be the face of your illness on Facebook, or another social networking site, and get the word out.

I would also suggest that you do as much research about our illness, situation, history and current research as you are able since it may be relevant to your situation.

Can someone point Hanchuchu to the best and briefest summation of ME/CFS/CFIDS up to and including XMRV?

Koan

ETA People in the west have not fared much better, if any better at all, than you have. However, things appear to be changing for a percentage of the patient poplulation: those with XMRV. Be hopeful about that, if you can.

No. The English language about this report is not available now. I am contacting foreign medias now. Hopefully, they are willing to report. If anyone can read Chinese report, I will put the link here.

K

_Kim_

hanchuchu,

None of those links you posted work for me. Could you copy one of them and paste it into a translator program like Babelfish?

K

_Kim_

Is this the story?

AIDS fear afflicts thousands across China

Recently, two articles with the same topic were hotly discussed on the Internet at the same time. The topic circled a group of people who claimed themselves have contracted an unknown HIV-like virus that modern medical tests could not detect...They develop AIDS-like symptoms after being involved in activities that put them at risk of potential exposure. None tests HIV positive, yet they feel anxious and fearful. They come to believe they are infected with a mysterious unknown virus and that the virus can spread through contact in everyday life, such as through sweat and saliva.

Gui Xien, a prestigious AIDS expert in China who won the 2003 Barry & Martins Trust prize, an English registered charity which promotes AIDS education, prevention and care, said tests showed the immunity index of this group of people was lower than average.

Of course, we cannot rule out the possibility that some of them are infected by a kind of unknown virus as they themselves claim, Gui said. We dont exactly know what causes their symptoms, but are 100 percent sure that they are not infected with HIV.

K

_Kim_

Here's another one: AIDS fear chilling thousands

People like Hong Sheng joined the QQ chatroom for emotional support. Right now, there are dozens of chat rooms active on the topic of HIV/AIDS, each with at least 200 members. Most of them are confirmed by many hospitals that they are virus free, but this doesn't relieve their fear at all. They have written petitioning letters to medical institutions worldwide, and even to Premier Wen Jiabao.

MEKoan

Hey Kim,

Yeah, that's (your first link) the same article I posted but from another site. I don't know if Hanchuchu looked at it but I'm pretty sure it's an example of the story with a media spin.

It seems, from this piece, that this is a chronic illness and not something that swiftly kills so I don't know how anyone could know if this is, in part, XMVR in China or not.

Access to information and freedom of expression are still very different in China. It would be very confusing and more than a little frightening.

Nevertheless, I think if Hanchuchu is able to research ME/CFS/XMRV he may find it clarifying.

peace out,
Koan

K

_Kim_

Smearburger ALERT!! (Completely and utterly OT)

Well, you never know what you'll find when you google things like - "HIV china QQ chat".

Taiwan Man Eats Cow Dung In Protest (10/29/2009) And yes, he put it up on Youtube for our viewing delight :eek:

Taipei University Department of Sociology doctoral candidate student Chu Cheng-chi has uploaded a video "I ate cow dung, I protested!" in order to communicate the idea that "American beef is even more poisonous than Taiwan cow dung."

Chu took out a hamburger bun, spread a layer of cow dung, added lettuce and tomato and ate it in front of the camera. "The Ma Ying-jeou administration chose to let American beef come in. They lied to the people to say that it is safe. But once American beef comes in, it will be everywhere. Do not think that you have a choice."

Because the cow dung burger tasted so horrible, Chu knitted his brows and kept drinking water. But he persisted and finished the whole burger. He yelled: "I offer the pain in my body to this indifferent government!" At the end of the video, Chu is shown puking.

hanchuchu

please don't walk away

Sirs,

I think some of you have tracked the news from the above websites. Thanks for trusting us. However, I need your further assistance. Most people are still not aware what is happening. We cannot wait anymore. I suffer breath difficulties everyday. I hope visitors of this information can contact foreign medias or research centres for us as soon as possible. We are willing to let any instutitions to take samples from our blood. Many orgnizations have ignored our requests because we cannot make the voice louder enough. Can anyone who knows people working in the international organizations forward our information?

As to what is the virus, doctors have different opinions in China:
1. subtype of HIV, which cannot be detected
2. CFS
3. unknown virus

We assume the third is the most likely because of the way of spreading.

I beg you all to let more people know the fact. The QQ chatroom is full of the infected, and the number increases rapidly.

Please please help us...

zoe.a.m.

Hanchuchu,
I am sorry to hear of this situation and that it is made further difficult for you because you cannot take action due to the limitations of your government. It's not unusual, in my experience, for people to be ignored and treated badly when they are suffering.

I can only speak for myself, but I am barely getting a handle on who to speak with about CFS so I don't know anyone in an international organization. Is it possible for you to try to link one of the articles in Chinese again; I had the same problem as Kim and they would not come up on screen. I cannot read or speak Chinese, but I would certainly try to find if anyone in my community does.

Are there any healthcare organizations that have rights in China?

Please take care hanchuchu and keep updating.

hanchuchu

Hanchuchu,
I am sorry to hear of this situation and that it is made further difficult for you because you cannot take action due to the limitations of your government. It's not unusual, in my experience, for people to be ignored and treated badly when they are suffering.

I can only speak for myself, but I am barely getting a handle on who to speak with about CFS so I don't know anyone in an international organization. Is it possible for you to try to link one of the articles in Chinese again; I had the same problem as Kim and they would not come up on screen. I cannot read or speak Chinese, but I would certainly try to find if anyone in my community does.

Are there any healthcare organizations that have rights in China?

Please take care hanchuchu and keep updating.

Sir, the reason you cannot read is that your web brower is unable to show Chinese. You can find all the links in the prior post. Well, the PRC CDC is working on it now and hopefully, they can find the virus. We are asking assitance from the US, because you have more advanced lab to isolate the virus. The Chinese traditional medicine cannot cure the disease, but it does surpress the development and copy of the virus. Someday, people in the world will know the truth. It is only a matter of time.

hanchuchu

Above all else, please be careful and do not take more risks than you have to.

If there is someone here who is more technologically inclined than me, maybe we can help set up a proxy server so hanchuchu is taking less of a risk in exploring this and trying to get help. Does anyone know how to set up a proxy server?

Hanchuchu, if you can, can you explain what symptoms all of you are experiencing and how this started?

Hi, thank you very much. I am not a doctor and I cannot explain that by using technical terms. To put it simply, it is HIV-like, but a little bit different symptoms. I feel something just like snakes in my body swimming and bitting me. I experience breath difficulty. You can access the links in the prior post to find out more. I am dying person. But the traditional medicine does help, as said by members in our online QQ chat room. Some scientist in the US has promised to help. This is our hope...

zoe.a.m.

Do you know if any schools of traditional Chinese medicine in the United States (or elsewhere) know of this illness? It occurred to me that in Seattle, WA, there is a school called SIOM which teaches TCM but which also requires all of its students to learn the Chinese language and medical Chinese as well. Might they, or other schools, have received or seen the original articles in Chinese?

I do know that SIOM students and staff translate articles all of the time. I don't know if they only translate medical papers (and not news articles) or if there are any medical papers already published in Chinese. I would think trying to send this school any documents might be helpful since it sounds like there is already treatment for this with TCM and so they may be more aware of it than our normal clinicians. What is the Chinese name for this illness?

I'm glad to hear that the CDC is looking into it.

Sarahg's idea about setting up a proxy is very good--I wish I knew someone who had those skills.

hanchuchu

Do you know if any schools of traditional Chinese medicine in the United States (or elsewhere) know of this illness? It occurred to me that in Seattle, WA, there is a school called SIOM which teaches TCM but which also requires all of its students to learn the Chinese language and medical Chinese as well. Might they, or other schools, have received or seen the original articles in Chinese?

I do know that SIOM students and staff translate articles all of the time. I don't know if they only translate medical papers (and not news articles) or if there are any medical papers already published in Chinese. I would think trying to send this school any documents might be helpful since it sounds like there is already treatment for this with TCM and so they may be more aware of it than our normal clinicians. What is the Chinese name for this illness?

I'm glad to hear that the CDC is looking into it.

Sarahg's idea about setting up a proxy is very good--I wish I knew someone who had those skills.

I don't think anyone knows this in the US. The TCM doctors don't know the illness. But when you tell them that your immune system is weakening, they have medicines for you. It is not designed to fight this disease,but it does work. I put the names of the typical Chinese medicine here "Salvia Miltrorrhiza " (danshen)and Astragalus Root (huangqi), which are taken by the infected to enhance the immune system. You can forward these to the school and I think they will agree they can improve people's health condition. Anyone has a chinese brower can access the links put previously. Can you let someone try?

Marylib

Hi Hanchuchu,
I sent an email to the Seattle school of TCM that people have mentioned. I asked them to read this link and see if they can help you.
Marylib