• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Email perez!

dsdmom

Today I wrote 2 emails: 1 to a very good family friend who is a journalist, covering the state house here in MA. I asked him if he had any contacts he could think of that may be interested in this story. I haven't heard back yet...we'll see.

Then I was trying to come up with ways to reach as many people as possible and I emailed Perez Hilton - assuming most of you know who he is, if not www.perezhilton.com is one of the most popular gossip sites worldwide. His audience is massive. He also covers charities too as his good deed for the day. I explained the situation as concisely as I could and included a few links - emphasizing that there could be 20 million americans who have this today - and that it's most likely in the blood supply and probably sexually transmitted - which makes it more widespread than HIV. That the government is requiring the FDA/NIH to rewrite their study and that it needs to be published NOW.

We'll see if I hear back from him - but if others want to encourage him to post about this, you can email him at perez@perezhilton.com. I know it's out there, but if we can educate millions - why not?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
His audience is composed of a bunch of idiotic 14 year old girls. Probably not the best choice.

citybug

Teenagers can get CFS too. I hope there is an antibody test soon to promote.

dsdmom

His audience is composed of a bunch of idiotic 14 year old girls. Probably not the best choice.

Although he certainly has 14 year olds as part of his demographic you are mistaken - because I'm part of his audience. And
1) I'm not an idiot
2) I'm not 14
3) OK - I'll give you the last one - I am a girl.

Last I checked XMRV did not discriminate - millions of people is millions of people. Idiots or not.