• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EDITED: Iskiate (chia drink) used by Tarahumara for energy, no-churn ice cream for fun

Strawberry

My seeds are black - it is the only thing available at my store that I order from. I didn't realize that adding anything other than water did anything different? But I "believe" I added the lime to the water in the beginning? Not certain.

I'll check my seeds tonight. They are either Bobs Red Mill or Safeway O Organics.

Ps last year I planted some old seed just to "mulch" it, and they grew! Rather tasty the leaves.

YippeeKi YOW !!

what brand and where you ordered yours?
Nutiva Organic Premium Black Chia Seeds, $12.69 for 2 lbs, and of course, where else, Amazon .... I'll come back and post a link for you in about 35 minutes, but right now I have to jump to something that I promised DB would be ready for him a soon as he got home, and the lock's ticking !!!

Strawberry

I've decided to test this, as that huge of a progress can't simply be chia. So Saturday I will do my chores without lime/chia, and Sunday I will have it.

Also need to add, I completely forgot but I started a pill that has to do with candida last weekend, so that could have something to do with the boost also. So the above test should rule in or out if it gives me an energy boost. If the lime chia mix doesn't make Sunday better, then I might suspect the candida pill. I'll post back next week!

Mary

Moderator Resource
If the pill was intended to control or eliminate candida (I can't imagine you want to encourage it:xeyes::xeyes:), wouldn't it be more likely to cause a herx reaction ???
@Strawberry - I'm with @YippeeKi YOW !! here - I took coconut oil for candida some 16 years ago and it hit me very hard with a herx reaction, I ended up having to go very slowly with it, though it ended up being very effective!

Looking forward to your update! :thumbsup:

Mary

Moderator Resource
This morning I was a dead battery so I made the chia lime mix. STILL a dead battery. Not sure what to think.
Thanks for the report @Strawberry - I don't know what to think either! There are so many variables with this illness. I'm still drinking this once a day. I was doing 2 x a day but cut back to one. Anyways, no, I don't have boundless energy but I do think its' good for me. I'm also using Cellfood daily, which I think is responsible for me being able to cut my thyroid med in half, and may even cut it a little more. (I'll be getting blood work done soon.)

Are you still taking something for candida? If so, could you be herxing? Like I said above, when I took coconut oil for candida, it knocked me for a loop for about 11 days, hit me very hard, but it did the job.