• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Easy to make liposomal vitamin C - for viruses

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary I'd rather start slow. Increase every few days. So you take 1 tbs a day? Or at a time? Lol.

My NP is in Costa Mesa.

http://newportintegrativehealth.com/

Actually I take about 8 tablespoons a day - seriously! I seem to need that much, and it helps with a d**m sinus infection.

Of course though it's a very good idea to start slow.

Well, Costa Mesa would be a hike for me. Was just curious, but it looks like an interesting practice - I hope your NP can help you!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl
the worse that can happen if you take too much is you get a case of dire rear.

I've taken up t0 5 sachets (maybe more) of the liposomal Vit C a day when I was really sick. Each sachet is supposed to be the equivalent of 10000mg of ordinary vit c.
So 1/4 tsp = 500mg is very low.

I will be like @Mary and gobbling down the tablespoons:)

Thinktank

So far i know a liposomal product can't be made with a blender. You need an ultrasonic device like a jewelry cleaner and some other utilities to encapsulate ascorbic acid in lipospheres. There is some chemistry to it...

brenda

I have used both an ultrasonic and stick blender and the ultra one came out thin but the stick blender was thicker much like the commercial ones.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@minkeygirl
the worse that can happen if you take too much is you get a case of dire rear.

I've taken up t0 5 sachets (maybe more) of the liposomal Vit C a day when I was really sick. Each sachet is supposed to be the equivalent of 10000mg of ordinary vit c.
So 1/4 tsp = 500mg is very low.

I will be like @Mary and gobbling down the tablespoons:)

Actually, I think 1/4 tsp of the stuff we're making would be around 40 mg., a very very small dose - if one tablespoon is 476 mg. of vitamin C per the math.

There are twelve 1/4 teaspoons in a tablespoon (my brain's spinning a little here) - four 1/4 teaspoons in a teaspoon x 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon. So I then divided 476 by 12 and it's about 40 mg. per 1/4 tsp. (and this is the extent of my math capabilities! :rolleyes:)

The Livon product is 1000 mg. per little package.

I used to take upwards of 10,000 mg. of regular vitamin C when I was sick and it never helped, at least not that I could see. Taking the liposomal stuff I make at 8 tablespoons a day is around 3800 mg., a much smaller dose, but it seems to be much more effective.

Mary

Moderator Resource
So far i know a liposomal product can't be made with a blender. You need an ultrasonic device like a jewelry cleaner and some other utilities to encapsulate ascorbic acid in lipospheres. There is some chemistry to it...

I had read the same thing. But making the jewelry cleaner kind took a lot of energy which I did not have to spare, plus it tasted like burnt rubber. It was hard to get down.

So for the heck of it I tried the stick blender kind that some people said was just as good - and I'm having good results with it. I don't think it's all in my head. The placebo effect has never done anything for me. Otherwise I'd be well! :)

Anyways, I think there is dispute about this - I can't argue the chemistry. Someone said that Livon Labs were the ones arguing that you needed a jewelry cleaner. I don't know - all I know is that this is helping me with an intractable sinus infection which I've been fighting for months, much better than regular vitamin C, and is just as effective, if not more so, than the Livon Labs product.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@minkeygirl - there are 476 mg. of vitamin C in one tablespoon of the concoction I have been making. So if you take 1/4 tsp, you will be getting about 40 mg. of vitamin C.

No, I'm not trying to kill you with math calculations :whistle: (there would be easier ways - No, just kidding! :lol:)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl
oh I can see I'm going to have to fly the Atlantic to sort this out for you :):)

@Mary
sometimes we just 'know' when something is working, it really doesn't matter what the science says.
btw - what is the easier way? just for reference:)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@minkeygirl - there are 476 mg. of vitamin C in one tablespoon of the concoction I have been making. So if you take 1/4 tsp, you will be getting about 40 mg. of vitamin C.

No, I'm not trying to kill you with math calculations :whistle: (there would be easier ways - No, just kidding! :lol:)

Got it, for now. So if I just have to decide what I want to start with. One tbs or 2.

I think too like @maryb said, just see how I feel. But feel free to fly over to help me.

I'm past my saturation point so will stop now.

Death by math, it could happen! My brain will explode.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I have used both an ultrasonic and stick blender and the ultra one came out thin but the stick blender was thicker much like the commercial ones.

@brenda - what ingredients do you use? My concoction is not thick at all. I use lecithin and ascorbic acid - this is with a stick blender.

A blender would incorporate too much air l think. I slept 8 hours after the home made lipo mix last night and felt less aggitation. However, l tried the bicarb foaming test and there was over 5 inches. Also l was reading that you cannot encapsulate properly at home so l have decided to continue for a few days but have ordered some online to trial as well.

I have been using a teasp camu camu up until now which will be giving about 450 mg vit c. I decided to do this as a test showed that l had high vit c in my blood but perhaps it is not getting into the cells so lipo us better?

@brenda - what is the bicarb foaming test? 5 inches sounds like a lot, though I don't know what it means :confused:

I'm guessing lipo might be better for getting vitamin C into the cells. I have high B12 levels in my blood but that doesn't mean I have too much B12 - it's the opposite - I have a very hard time getting or utilizing what I need. So maybe the same is true for vitamin C? I do know I'm doing better with my homemade lipo C than regular vitamin C capsules.

Mary

Moderator Resource
sometimes we just 'know' when something is working, it really doesn't matter what the science says.
btw - what is the easier way? just for reference:)

Hi @maryb (BTW, those are my initials too!) - I'm not sure what you mean by "the easier way", unless I was referring to making lipo C with a stick blender instead of a jewelry cleaner? (My brain is worn out from all the math :p)

And I'm with you about following our instincts re what is helping - the science is skewed, there is so little research on nutrition and so much research on drugs which cherrypicks results and so on ... I think we are pretty much on our own. Hopefully we will be right more often than not! :sluggish:

brenda

Mary, l used the same as you. The bicarb foaming test shows how much is left unencapsulated. It is supposed to be just a bit but mine foamed a lot. I am on the commercial one now and will go back to home made later. Good so far, more energy. Yes it gets into the cells better.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Mary, l used the same as you. The bicarb foaming test shows how much is left unencapsulated. It is supposed to be just a bit but mine foamed a lot. I am on the commercial one now and will go back to home made later. Good so far, more energy. Yes it gets into the cells better.

Thanks, Brenda - I wish the commercial one wasn't so expensive!

How much sodium bicarbonate do you add to how much liposomal solution? I want to try that out --

Mary

Moderator Resource
@brenda - okay, I just found a recipe for the bicarb test and mine foamed a little less than 1/2" - woo hoo! :balloons:

I feel lucky, don't know why mine was less than yours. I blended it for 2 minutes, FWIW, and used warm-hot water to dissolve the lecithin a bit first, as well as dissolved the ascorbate acid first in warm water. So maybe it really is working --- at least my sinuses think so :nerd:

brenda

Sorry can't give you a link as l am on my Android in bed but you tube should have a video.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
"No, I'm not trying to kill you with math calculations :whistle: (there would be easier ways - No, just kidding! :lol:)"

I was referring to this:)
ps. I love her really:)

Can't see any link re bicarb?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Okay another question @brenda @Mary
How long do you leave the lecithin to soak for, I used warm water, about 2 hrs ago, looks like its getting there but not sure how liquid it has to be, I'm in the frozen north so not warm here which I'm sure makes a difference.