• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Easy to make liposomal vitamin C - for viruses

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary thanks for the info.

i saw her today. Even went in to her office! (We'll see how big a price I pay the next few days).

I cried it was such a relief to tell someone what was going on and have them get it.

Working on adrenals. She's ok with sodium Ascorbate instead of liposomal for now.

She upper my B5 to 1000. I stopped the glandular because i think it was causing problems.

Now to figure out these slamming headaches. Back to the drawing board.

I hope you don't pay too high a price, but am glad you have a doctor who gets it! They are sooo rare -

I'm really lucky, headaches have not been a problem for me, and hope you find some answers --

brenda

A blender would incorporate too much air l think. I slept 8 hours after the home made lipo mix last night and felt less aggitation. However, l tried the bicarb foaming test and there was over 5 inches. Also l was reading that you cannot encapsulate properly at home so l have decided to continue for a few days but have ordered some online to trial as well.

I have been using a teasp camu camu up until now which will be giving about 450 mg vit c. I decided to do this as a test showed that l had high vit c in my blood but perhaps it is not getting into the cells so lipo us better?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl - 3/4 doses a day of liposomal vit c (Live-on, £32 for 30 ) is what got me going again this year after I got downed by all those viruses at christmas. If you remember I was still ill in Feb and started on the vit C shortly after, it definitely works for viruses. I am going to try this as I only need to order the sunflower lecithin. A stick blender is cheap and this only takes 2 minutes, well worth trying I would say. Only thing is if I take the vit c after about 3pm I can't get off to sleep easily, I did ask another member who told me a possible cause for this, but I've forgotten what it was:)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm going to do it, just have to find a good price on a stick blender. Or use my regular one. I'll start pricing the ingredients. I'm still confused about dosing once I make it. I have to read that blog a few more times.

NP wanted me to take 1000 mgs x/3 so I have to make it. She wants it for my adrenals.

I'm not sure why I'm so broke this month.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I hope you don't pay too high a price, but am glad you have a doctor who gets it! They are sooo rare -

I'm really lucky, headaches have not been a problem for me, and hope you find some answers --

So far today I feel ok. I was even talking to a neighbor at 8:30 a.m. If I don't PEM it's the Valcyte so that is huge.

My headache was so bad last night I took a tramadol. It didn't do much at hour 2 but by then I was doing TMJ accupressure stuff and that seemed to relieve a lot of the pain. I did it again this morning so I'll keep up with that. I had TMJ that was more of a nuisance but the last dentist I saw did me in.

(sorry to hijack thread).

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary @maryb Just got this. Not too many reviews but how bad can it be? I like that it's stainless. Does the cup have to be glass or will this work?

http://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SI...W_Qmqow3WXW6Eh_JHRw_zxoCNRvw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this what i want:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIT-C-Powder-Ascorbic-Acid-Crystals-8oz-1-2-Pound-/110693517539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c5d908e3

Hi @minkeygirl - The blender looks fine and is certainly cheap! Hopefully it will hold up. Glass vs. plastic container, I don't know. The directions say glass but I'm guessing plastic would work okay if you don't have a glass container.. Do you have a glass jar?

Re the vitamin C: I would not buy it in bulk from ebay, you don't know where it's coming from, where it was made (unless you do somehow). I'd try something like this: http://www.bulksupplements.com/ascorbic-acid-vitamin-c-crystalized-powder.html or this: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-pure-vitamin-c-powder-16-oz-454-grams-pwdr

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Yes I agree on the ingredients, buy the best you can afford, Swansons are good, Now Foods etc. I'm not sure on the amounts either but I'll check it all before I begin, we can blend together!!!
My internet connection keeps going off so it may be over and out.......

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary That mixer is usually about $25 so at least it'll get me going. I bought Sunflower Lecithin from Swansons via Amazon which was cheaper and I just bought this ascorbic acid.

http://www.nutrients-scientific.com

I do have a glass jar (found one under the sink), but duh, I also have little glass storage dishes with lids. So I should be ok.

What isn't sticking in my brain is how much to take with what I make from the liquid. How do I get 1000 mgs from it? I'll wait till I get my stuff and then ask you guys.

Thanks for the help. Yes @maryb we'll be cured together!

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Wayne - I tried Dr. Mercola's product and it didn't do anything for me - I noticed no difference in how I felt. I did notice a difference almost right away with the Livon Lipo product, but it's very pricey at the dose I had to take. And the lipo C I'm making with the immersion blender is just as effective, for me, as the Livon product if not more so, amazingly enough! :thumbsup:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Can anyone work out for me the amount of product after doing the blending if I use
3 tablespoons of lecithin
1 tablespoon of vitamin C. (ascorbate acid powder)

if 1/4 teaspoon of vit C powder = 1112mg

My brain won't calculate.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Can anyone work out for me the amount of product after doing the blending if I use
3 tablespoons of lecithin
1 tablespoon of vitamin C. (ascorbate acid powder)

if 1/4 teaspoon of vit C powder = 1112mg

My brain won't calculate.

1 teaspoon vitamin C powder = 4448 mg. (4 x 1112 mg (1/4 tsp.)

1 tablespoon of vitamin C = 13,344 mg. (3 x 4448 mg. mg. - 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon) - this will be the total amount of vitamin C in your solution.

Assuming you used 1 cup of water for the lecithin and 1/2 cup of water for the vitamin C crystals, then there will be a total of 28 tablespoons of product in your solution (16 tablespoons of water in a cup, 8 tablespoons in 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons of lecithin and 1 tablespoon of vitamin C = 28 tablespoons.)

13,344 mg. divided by 28 tablespoons = 476.5 mg. of vitamin C per tablespoon in the solution

I think this is right :sluggish:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary My brain just exploded reading that. OMG!

Back to the dose. I need this dumbed down more. If I use the instructions from the link you provided, how much do I take to get the dosage I need. And what is the dose I need?

Do I make up a batch and keep in the fridge? Do I have to mix it before I take some?

The C I bought is 1000 mg per 1/4 tsp.

OMG I don't get this at all.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary My brain just exploded reading that. OMG!

Back to the dose. I need this dumbed down more. If I use the instructions from the link you provided, how much do I take to get the dosage I need. And what is the dose I need?

Do I make up a batch and keep in the fridge? Do I have to mix it before I take some?

The C I bought is 1000 mg per 1/4 tsp.

OMG I don't get this at all.

@minkeygirl - it's okay, really, you can calm down - It's not complicated - it just seems that way. :confused:o_O:bang-head::)

I don't know what dose you need. I've been fighting a couple of bugs for awhile so I'm taking a lot, probably 8 tablespoons a day. The math above is based on the link I provided and so if you follow those instructions, one tablespoon will give you 476 mg. of vitamin C. I am finding this form of vitamin C to be much more effective than say a 500 mg. capsule of regular vitamin C. So you might try taking say the equivalent of half of what you usually take and see how you do - I'm just guessing, I can't tell you what to do in terms of dose.

And the C you bought is almost the same dose per 1/4 tsp. as maryb's, so close enough - I wouldn't worry about the difference.

Yeah, I make up a batch and keep it in the fridge. It doesn't separate, so I don't it re-mix it before taking.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary, OMG my brain was melting. I couldn't do math before I got sick so no way can i do it now.

I actually don't know what dose to take. When my NP said Liposomal C I knew it was too expensive so I didn't ask. But she did say 1000 mg x 3 of regular C.

I know I want to start slow so I mix it per the instructions on that link and just take 1/4 tsp to start and then I can work my way up.

I really had zero clue how much to take. I didn't even know if that was a one days supply?

Do you use a measuring spoon or syringe? I can't even form a thought now. Sorry to be so needy.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @minkeygirl - I use a tablespoon. It's a liquid, not thick at all. 1/4 tsp will be a very small dose, but you can work up.

Where do you live? Your avatar says Left Coast (West coast?) I'm just wondering where your NP is. I'm in southern California.