• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Early stages of covid - what to do?

YippeeKi YOW !!

For those who are taking D, are you also taking K? I cant find any K i can tolerate.
Have you tried just eating natto?
Would be super helpful if people mentioned their age or range/approximation
Some members, myself included, are extremely cautious about giving out ANY personal info on social media threads, which in spite of its ME focus and far more civil than the average atmosphere, PR is one of ....

vision blue

Have you tried just eating natto?

Some members, myself included, are extremely cautious about giving out ANY personal info on social media threads, which in spite of its ME focus and far more civil than the average atmosphere, PR is one of ....

Yes of course and then those people who mind wont/should not answer But there are also people who don't mind in the slightest but don’t mention it because they don't know it’s relevant. Im asking because mortality in Covid is so age-dependent that knowing ages wherever possible, be it forum personal covid stories or published studies is often crucial for knowing how to interpret and generalize

(Goid suggestion but the amines in natto would absolutely kill me. Cant do anything fermented)

Husband of

Would be super helpful if people mentioned their age or range/approximation eg @Jadzhia OPs wife etc.
these are all such great posts

For those who are taking D, are you also taking K? I cant find any K i can tolerate.
My wife is early thirties, I am late thirties.

in terms of k, we take as part of multi vitamin which has phylloquinone and menaquinone-7.

would have bought some separate k but ... didn't.

vision blue

Still have 2 pages to finish reading in the wonderful thread.

But In case no one has mentioned it, melatonin had some good data associated with it (for both covid prevention and treatment) and has good safty record but its been a while since i looked at the work on that.

on nebulized h2o2, that makes tons of sense. The body ramps up its own production of h2o2 to kill pathogens. Note though that extra oxygen molecule while good at destroyong pathogens also destroys ourseves- it's a free radical, often the subject of song and story, so it makes sens that the recommentdation would be to use nebulized glutathoine at same time since that antixoidant system can help with the resulting oxidative stress from so much free radicals.

i would think this would ber a good stragety for very beginnin of covid, but not later on. Later on, having a high oxidative stress burden will make you more likley to have serious covid consequences. Anyone have recommendation for what nebulizer to get? can you get it over the counter? i know those things differ on particle size and possibly only the good ones with small particle size (need really small ones to get into sinues- lungs you can get into more easily)

for those who mentioned they can sit in sun for hours and not have their vit D go up, one thing to keep in mind is that there are common genetic variations in the VDR gene (vitamin D receptor). I'm going to oversimplify becasue my stamina is low but basically the two main types are about a 50 50 split. If you have one type (more common in mediterrenean, southern european regions), you vitamin D usage is very efficient and even though you can supplement like crazy or sit out in sun and have the numbers not seem to go up all that much if at all, your body is nonethelss using the D very well, whther naturally or by supplemenation. basically body doens't have to store it since it's so efficient. The numerical equivelent is that it's like having 1.5 times your actual meausred level. so these folks should not keep making the dose higher and higher if they thought they should have to do so becaue their serum numbes weren't climbing into the stratosphere.

then there's the other type. this is the type that gets more attention in the media and no one seems toknow ie'sonly about half the european population. its found more in the northern and central europeans (colder climes). They need to store it and if they don't get enough, they can get really sick. the seurm numbers match pretty well here the amount of of supplement/exposure. there's are also the people that can have dramatic improvement with vit d supplements like for example people with MS who have this particular VDR type.

anyway, i guess of minimal use in covid since no one has done the right study on the vdr variant and D and covid.

I'm jelaous of all of you can can take the supplements. tehre's one D brand i can tolerate some of the time out of many i've tried, but since i can't find a K yet that i can, i can't take too much (I'm of the efficient VDR type so I don't need as much as others at least- probably my only good genetic variant on my miserable genetics0.

But am desperate for Vit C and for magnesium. I try to do everything w/o oral route (my mast cells i guess just won't give my esophagous a break whenever it gets a "pill" or liquid that's manufactured). There's an integrative place that does IV vit C, but costs a couple of thousand just for first consult and i'm just too tired to jump through any of the hoops as well as the sticker shock. Plus i'd have to go low and slow and theyre going to be that flexiblie.

used to use an absolutely great magneisum cream,. CAnnot tolerate mag sulfate; this was magneisum chloride with some studies the inventor did to make sure it gets absorbed. Started wit the name "calm" but then changed names when the original overseer decided to dump the product. But when the inventor went then on her own, she had to switch manufacturers and the cream was just not the same. Was less effective, more side effects, and i developed an allergy to it.

anyway, sorry for the rant. i've had potential expsure to covid on sunday and trying to do my homework. and if escape this time, its coming sooner or later since in eed to go out in the world more than i have been last near 3 years (i'm not vaccinated and have a zillion preexisting at risk conditions). I can tolerate small doses of unflavored no other ingredient zinc glycinate tablets which i've stepped up along with a bit of D

somehwere in my brain fog i've forgotten my quesitons as i'm easily distracted last couple days, but if anyone knows a non-oral way to get these wonderful things, mk-7, vit c, magnesium, people have been suggesting into body, please let me know. and anyu recommendations for particular nebulizers

@YippeeKi YOW !! i've PM' you to wish you speedy recovery . didn't know! Was going to tag others, but it;s amazin i remember even one name at the moment.

vision blue

p.s. my drug of choice for covid remains convalescent plasma. However, i just looked it up and it is not approved from people who are not officially offimmunocompromoised which means I am not going to be able to get it which really pisses me off. I think it's the only thing that I would be able to tolerate as i do not do well with "big pharma" but do ok often with "natural" stuff. There is a bit of a supply issue as well in that only "high titre" supply and supply collected since omicron (which appatently for the latter is very low) is likely to be effective. I would like my fighting chance and not die bitter that i couldn't try something i think would help and is not a "crazy idea"

I admire the OP for not seeming bitter on his inability to get paxalovid because of stupid similar rules.

vision blue

How about this https://www.openaccessjournals.com/...ov2-an-old-drug-with-a-new-purpose-14506.html

I just got a bottle of 100 for other reasons and am glad I did even though my ability to tolerate the med is low. Since I've been using one pill a day attempting nasal mucous absorption to try to keep my threating odd herpetic virus at bay indefinitely, I wonder if I'm slowing down any brewing covid - and if that means it will just resurface when i stop the pill.

how are you and wife doing?