• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dysautonomia

helsbells

Are there good natural remedies as well? I can't tolerate drugs.

If you find any can you let me know too! Only thing which helps is the day before a cold/virus (Rare and not too practical!!) and is worsened with allergic responses which is pretty much continual.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
thanks for the link

Thanks for the link, glenp - that's definitely one of the most comprehensive lists that I've ever seen! I love that they even have "low tech" suggestions like dietary modification (smaller meals, tyramine avoidance) and cooling devices.

Too bad that a couple of the entries have ?? in the pros/cons section but there's a lot of good information there.

ramakentesh

ive tried a variety of herbs. Licorice was quite helpful for years but then stopped working for me; butchers broom was amazing for a week then stoppped working and left me worse.

ramakentesh

any with the glyrc something acid in it. Infact I was so sensitive to it that I had to just eat the candy! Tea gave me a week of migraines. Its a balancing act but it worked wonders for me for years and years before it stopped working. Butchers broom was the closest ive felt to normal in years. but it stopped working super quick.

helsbells

Thanks for answering only just seen reply - it is odd how big a component this dysautonomia is. the only time i fleetingly have an improvement is, as I said already, the day before a proper bug (which I rarely get now anyway) i have also had that exp of things over the years, not making as grand a difference as yours but feeling like something was working and then quickly stops and usually in my case I become intolerant. it is maddening. Liquorice tea irritates my bladder altho it tasted nice, I tried the sweets yesterday LOL after seeing your other post I will try glycerized tbs and see what happens, Many thanks

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
•Examples: CoEnzyme Q10 {Ubiquinone},Carnitine, Vitamin B-Complex, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Alpha Lipoic Acid,

I have had wonderful help with these and other good supplements. I have guidance from my doctors that research supplements, a schedule I stick to daily. Good brands, not just any brands. Lipoic Acid is good for the nerves so they can heal and work to help the blood vessels do the right job.

I do not want to take prescriptions. My doctor understands that I can't and prefers supplements.

Carnetine is so good for brain fog. I take the liquid. I take many supplements and the Adrecor has finally been helping the POTS greatly. I am full of hope.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter