• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dutch Symposium: ZonMw Lectures (Komaroff, Van Elzakker, Frankovich, Bergquist)

Pyrrhus

ZonMw Symposium
November 19th 14:30 - 18:00 | UPDATE ON INTERNATIONAL ME / CFS RESEARCH
Anthony Komaroff, Michael van Elzakker, Jennifer Frankovich & Jonas Bergquist

Click on this link, and then click the "play" button at bottom of the page:

http://www.blendedconnect.nl/events/zonmw/

Note: The video starts off in Dutch, but the English presentations begin at 22:17 minutes.

Last edited:

ljimbo423

Anthony Komaroff presents this slide at 38:00. Which I find really interesting. Because for several years I've thought Gut Dysbiosis is causing my ME/CFS and neuroinflammation. (number 8)

It's good to see someone like Anthony Komaroff thinks gut dysbiosis could be causing chronic neuroinflammation in ME/CFS too.

At 38:40- Anthony Komaroff says- "Dysbiosis, involving the microbiome of the gut, that possibly is a chronic stimulus to neuroinflammation".

I just watched a video you posted from Michael VanElzakker, PhD (Here). At 7:32 he talks about how the vagus nerve could sense inflammatory bacteria in the gut and cause a "Central illness response" in the brain.

1606432837613.png

Last edited:

raghav

Can you explain more? Ard they giving patients B6?
In the Q&A at 1:32:00 Berquist answers to a question regarding the trials. He says they are uncertain even whether they will be able to start by March 2021. He says funding is also an issue. He explains about the kynurenine trials at 1:19:00 where he has given a flowchart of the kynurenine pathway and the hypothesis. But there is no mention of B6.

raghav

Berquist said the number of participants for the trial has been reduced and only a pilot trial is going to be conducted. Maybe due to shortage of funds ?.