• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dropping Body Temperature During Physical Strain

JohnnyMinnesota99

Hello everybody,

I would you like to hear your experiences with a dropping body temperature during physical strain or exhaustion. Well, in my case (probably a mild case of CFS, level 6 or 7, which started after a disease three years ago), it is like this:

I can't really do sports, even though I tried, but sometimes I experience a bit of physical exhaustion (cleaning the apartment, going for a walk in hot weather etc.). When I am physically strained, my body temperature goes down to approximately 35.5 to 36 degrees Celsius. My general body temperature is perfectly okay at around 36.7 to 37.4 degrees Celsius.

Isn't it weird? Or could my low body temperature during physical strain be considered a clear sign of CFS? Anyone with the same or similar experiences?

Curiously enough, my body hasn't been able to run a fever since I have had CFS. Prior to my condition, I frequently had a fever when I was sick and always recovered pretty fast.

Any thought is very welcome. Thank you in advance, have a lovely day!

Best wishes

Johnny

suevu

That was one of my first weird symptoms, I didnt have fatigue then, after doing some excercice or running on the treadmill my temperature would go down, the same when I got to the beach and stay under the sun.

I told my doctor and he sent me to a psychiatrist, saying that was impossible.

Also I had several infections in my teeth and my temperature would not go up so they woldn't give me antibiotics becuase they said that without fever you can't take antibiotics, I told them that my temperature regaulation was broken and they laughed, so I had to take antibiotics by asking them please to give me the precription just in case I would get worse... It unbelievable these doctors thinking they know it all and putting your life at risk just not admit they are wrong and you are sick.

ljimbo423

Isn't it weird? Or could my low body temperature during physical strain be considered a clear sign of CFS? Anyone with the same or similar experiences?

Low body temperature is fairly common in CFS. Mine usually runs about one degree fahrenheit below 98.6, although I've never taken it after exercise.

CFS researcher Jarred Younger has found low grade brain inflammation in CFS patients. He thinks this is what causes most or all of the symptoms of CFS. Body temperature is regulated by the brain. So it could be that low grade brain inflammation is causing it.

This year Jarred is doing a study to see if activated B and/or T cells (immune cells) from the body are getting into the brain causing the inflammation.

If they are, he's going to try to trace them back to where they originate, in the body. Which could be the actual root cause of CFS. Allowing for very targeted treatments of CFS and dramatically faster recovery times!

Here is a 20 minute video of Jarred from last Septembers Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) symposium. Explaining how and why he thinks CFS is caused by this brain inflammation-

Here is a screenshot from the video, showing some of the symptoms the brain inflammation he found causes-

1563121403000.png

Last edited:

suevu

Low body temperature is fairly common in CFS. Mine usually runs about one degree fahrenheit below 98.6, although I've never taken it after exercise.

CFS researcher Jarred Younger has found low grade brain inflammation in CFS patients. He thinks this is what causes most or all of the symptoms of CFS. Body temperature is regulated by the brain. So it could be that low grade brain inflammation is causing it.

This year Jarred is doing a study to see if activated B and/or T cells (immune cells) from the body are getting into the brain causing the inflammation.

If they are, he's going to try to trace them back to where they originate, in the body. Which could be the actual root cause of CFS. Allowing for very targeted treatments of CFS and dramatically faster recovery times!

Here is a 20 minute video of Jarred from last Septembers Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) symposium. Explaining how and why he thinks CFS is caused by this brain inflammation-

Here is a screenshot from the video, showing some of the symptoms the brain inflammation he found causes-

View attachment 33666
It seems that bad body temperatura regulation is caused by an instability in the cervical area (CCI) which I have, and where our body temperature gets regulated properly. Our ANS is broken and thatst he right place to fix it, having that issue with body temperature is a good indicator of possible CCI.

Resolving CCI, temperature issues also resolve.

ljimbo423

It seems that bad body temperatura regulation is caused by an instability in the cervical area (CCI) which I have, and where our body temperature gets regulated properly. Our ANS is broken and thatst he right place to fix it, having that issue with body temperature is a good indicator of possible CCI.

Resolving CCI, temperature issues also resolve.

That's one possibility. Jeff's recovery after CCI surgery is nothing short of amazing!

For myself, I have gone from severe CFS to fairly mild by treating dysbiosis and a possible leaky gut. Which can cause low grade brain inflammation, from lipopolysaccharides activating the microglia (immune cells) in the brain.

It hasn't been easy or fast but in the last 2 years, I've gone from moderate to fairly mild CFS, by daily aggressive treatments for dysbiosis and a possible leaky gut.

I continue to see fairly regular improvements with this protocol, so I am very optimistic about a full recovery!:woot::thumbsup:

Last edited:

JohnnyMinnesota99

@ljimbo423

Hello!

Thank you for your kind and informative answer. Well, frustrating because of the things you said (not knowing and waiting for the research) but also because of the way things are. I used to be very fit and in good health, and it's different now :-/

I'm so happy for you that you could recover strongly! What exactly was your treatment like? I also have gut problems, but they originate only 12 months after my CFS condition started. I take mesaslazin (German med Salofalk), and that has helped a lot. I had my stomach and intestine checked, and everythings was okay. ATM I take probiotics to improve my gut flora, but things are okay here. I will post something on inflammation and incense soon. Maybe this could be relevant to you?!

May I ask how your CFS condition started? Was it triggered by an infection like EBV or so?

Best wishes and many thanks

ljimbo423

What exactly was your treatment like?

My main treatment is lowering the overgrowth of inflammatory bacteria in my gut, that comes with dysbiosis, with herbs.

May I ask how your CFS condition started? Was it triggered by an infection like EBV or so?

It originally started after a flu I had but there are many things that trigger CFS but don't cause it.

By that I mean the immune system activation and inflammation from that flu "triggered" my CFS but that's not what is causing it.

Many things can trigger CFS, even high levels of chronic stress or a car accident but they are not the ongoing cause.

I used to be very fit and in good health, and it's different now :-/

I hear you! That's the most frustrating thing of all for me. Not being able just to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

ljimbo423

But I'm very happy for you to have recovered. Great story. Did your physician realise your gut problems? Well, I had my gut checked as well, but my physician couldn't find a problem...

I actually haven't recovered. I have gone from severe to fairly mild, so I feel really good about my prospects of a full recovery!:thumbsup:

I haven't had a doctor for 12-14 years. Although I have done 15-20,000 hours of researching CFS in the last 12 years! ( I might be a little obsessive-:lol:)

I did have a comprehensive digestive stool analysis (CDSA) done about 14 years ago. That showed severely high dysbiosis.

I've had to become my own doctor because no doctor I saw ever had a clue about treating CFS. It's like the saying "necessity is the mother of all invention":).

Thanks for the link. I'm looking at it now.