• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Michael Maes

Does anyone have a phone number to contact Dr. Maes? I found one on his website, however, I called it twice in the last two days and only got an answering machine and I cannot understand what they are saying as it is of course not in English and I am in US. Also, I would like to here from any patients of Dr. Maes, and what their experience has been with him, etc.. I did look up the time difference from the US and Belgium, and called 4:50 pm and 3:00 pm Belgium time.

Thanks

Pointer

ukxmrv

It's a peak time for the holiday season in Europe and quite a few doctors researchers etc will be away on leave right now.

Good luck and I hope you get an answer.

Frank

the phone number is 00323 4809282 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************00323 4809282******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

You'll have to try a few times, maybe he's on holiday or on a conference.

http://www.mcare4u.com/ (clinic)
http://www.michaelmaes.com/ (personal website)

I paid 110 euro for a consultations (partly paid by social security), but i can't judge the man, because i went to De Meirleir after 2 appointments.

Thanks for the info. I will keep trying, but it is difficult not understanding the language on the answering machine, and it wont seem to let me leave a message.

Frank

Pointer it says:

They can be reached from 9 to 16hours belgium time every day, but also that they are not always in the possibility to answer the phone.

Firestormm

I thought Maes was no longer based in Belgium but Bangkok, Thailand? His research papers carry a clinic address in Thailand if I remember correctly, and I had heard from friends in Belgium that he left that country. I'd be interested in learning more. Thanks :)

Firestormm

Pointer it says:

They can be reached from 9 to 16hours belgium time every day, but also that they are not always in the possibility to answer the phone.

Frank, you said in 2010 that his Belgium clinic had also closed unexpectedly, and a rumor was he had left for Thailand: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/maes-clinic-in-belgium-closed.7485/

I am sure there was a website I found for his Thai clinic some time back, there is certainly a Thai address on all his latest published works e.g. Maes Clinics @ TRIA, Bangkok, Thailand

However a brief search now on Google doesn't take me to any clinic in Thailand that I can see.