1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Maes clinic in Belgium closed

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Frank, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Prof. Maes has moved to another country, as stated on his website. Patients are supprised with this news and didn't see it comming. Maes referred them to a fatigue clinic in a place called Aalst. It's unknown where Prof. Maes is now, rumours say he's in Thailand or Australia. Maes is known for his gut protocols and studies, and also for suing the Belgium government for using CBT and GET.
    Very strange developments? :confused:
    All I know is what i wrote here, I don't known if he will stop seeing patients. If I know more i will post it.

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Thanks Frank, that will explain why he isn't answering his phone there.

3. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    that is very interesting; thanks for letting us know. I wonder if it's better for legal issues to be out of country

4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I thought he already had a presence in Thailand? Seems a shame to desert his patients though.

See more popular forum discussions.