• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Larry Sharp (CFIDS doctor)?

Andrew

Someone told me about Dr. Larry Sharp of Fort Worth Texas and her successful treatment with him. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get back in touch with her for details. But from what I was told he is a colleague of Dr. Cheney and he knows how to do the Cheney protocol. She also told me he is willing to do part of the treatment long distance, after an initial visit. But again, I have not been able to reach her to get more details.

I found an information page on his web site that leads me to believe he has really done his homework (even if we might not agree with everything there).

Does anyone here know about Dr. Sharp. I checked the Fort Worth CFS support group web site and see him listed here. He also says he's a member of the IACFSME, but I didn't double check this.

aquariusgirl

I've heard good things about him.. doesn't kelly see him?
Can't remember kelly's handle just now.. but she's in Texas.

CindyWillis

I found Dr. Sharp after finding Dr. Cheney's website. Dr. Cheney's website which for 50 dollars a month you can see all of his research is absolutely excellent. His backlog was 1.5 years but he makes the website available to everyone. My husband is a doctor and he was very sick as well but not as sick as I was. I was having to use a wheel chair to get around in public places but could walk around the house a limited amount. My husband read the website and said it made sense to him and that there would be no side effects to Dr. Cheney's approach. I started in April to follow Cheney's website on diet (stomach problems cleared up after 3 days on the diet) and taking the artesunate (can get it without a prescription) and the wormwood extract (ditto) and taking anything else he listed as helpful on his website. However, it wasn't the same as seeing him since his treatment is very individualized, is not all listed on his website and he makes one of his own medicines. Although, Dr. Cheney can not see tons of patients due to his own health, I really do think he has made a significant contribution to this illness and has a great approach to this illness (certainly using his approach made my virus (7 months) and my husband's (10 months) go dormant extremely quickly) and he makes his research available on his website. From what I can understand from his website, Cheney's approach is to make the body not conducive to the virus replicating(alkaline), fighting the virus with artesunate (antiviral + other medicine) and then signaling to your own body's cells (cell signaling factor medicine) to not fight bacteria but instead to fight virus so that your immune system joins in the fight. (These are obvioiusly layman's words and I am not a doctor so most likely it isn't exactly accurate, however, it gets the point accross, for more precision - subscribe to Cheney's website. I paid 50 dollars but it was worth 1,000 dollars in good information.) In 6 weeks, I got significantly better but still couldn't go to work. I knew the cell signaling factor medicine was extremely important but couldn't get it anywhere since Dr. Cheney had a wait list for a year and a half. Then something great happened. I read on this website (Phoenix Rising - Thank God for its existence) that a patient who was thinking about going to Dr. Cheney for a stem cell procedure was going to Dr. Sharp next so he could follow Dr. Cheney's protocol ahead of time. I immediately called Dr. Sharp and asked if he had the cell signaling factor medicine and his receptionist said that he works with Dr. Cheney and can sell his medicine and provide the protocol. I was so excited and Dr. Sharp took insurance and the office so was kind, and they could take me in two weeks. I went and found Dr. Sharp to be extremely good and he tested me and said I had chronic fatigue and then did a detox and gave me some IVs and put me on Dr. Cheney's protocol and gave me other medicine to take as well. I still followed Dr. Cheney's website and avoided vitamin D (which really made me tired) and any other things that Dr. Cheney's research said. However, I followed Dr. Sharp's protocol except if it conflicted with Dr. Cheney's research. Within three weeks, I could return to work part time (4-5 hours a day but couldn't drive) and then within 3 weeks I could work 55 hours a week. At four weeks, I drove to work for the first time and by the end of the week drove 4 hours down to the beach and 4 hours back within 24 hours during the weekend. I still keep it at 45-55 since I am still recovering (previously I averaged 70 hours for decades) but each week I am significantly better. When I take the cell signaling factors it is instant relief, it feels so good and has really made the difference. I made myself a promise when I was so sick that I thought I was dying and couldn't function (slept 19 hours a day) that if I found a way out of this that I would put it out there for others so I will write more on Dr. Sharp in the future but wanted for anyone who was looking to know that he can administer Dr. Cheney's protocol and it provided amazing results for my husband and I in a very short time frame. Dr. Sharp works with patients from a distance after an initial visit (2 partial days) and is so kind you will be shocked. Dr. Sharp's wife and son both have Chronic Fatigue which is why he has devoted his life to the illness. Insurance covered all but my co-pay on Dr. Sharp's consultation. Dr. Sharp's office handled everything so that I never even spoke to the insurance company. It all just happened magically. In fact, before the appointment, they called my insurance company and let me know the appointment was covered. The insurance company obviously doesn't cover the medicine Dr. Cheney makes himself but that medicine is worth it's weight in gold for me. It also doesn't cover some of the other homopathic medicines. My husband now walks 5-6 miles a day and I am doing extremely well and am better by the week. I can walk up to 2.5 miles and on Saturday put in a 14 hour day 5 hours at a very hot (tempeture) party and sang Karaoke for the first time and then came home and sang from 10 until 1am. Before I was housebound and had trouble remembering my own address and I won't even mention the pain that used to come. I don't know if this is helpful to anyone and I am willing to write more on the subject since I obviously feel that Dr. Sharp and Dr. Cheney saved me. I have been traveling a lot for work so am in a different city every other week. However, I think it is worth putting this out there that Dr. Sharp can provide Dr. Cheney's protcol plus a lot of other good medicine and that by following Dr. Cheney's website to the nth degree (diet is really important - I have been extremely dilligent about following Dr. Cheney's website on what I eat and do not cheat for any reason, it has been a godsend. I also drink the bottled water, Dr. Cheney proposes along with fresh green drinks to stay akaline (sp). I am a different person now and if this ever comes back, I will start taking Dr. Cheney's and Dr. Sharp's protocol immediately.

Dr Cheney website?

I cannot find the website that allows you to pay $50/mo for access to Dr Cheney's protocol/suggestions
for diet , water etc.Found his clinic site, is it different? I have been going to FFC in Dallas and on acyclovir among other things (shine protocol). Had this for several years, but the bottom fell out after a bout of H1N1 last Oct. Felt better for a short time now almost back to square 1. Desperate! Called Dr Larry Sharpe's office today and they do not take my insurance. Very discouraged and sick. Happy to have found this forum:)

Dr Cheney's website

I joined the website through pay pal and it gave me no way to make a log in for Cheney's site.
When I clicked on his log in , it just says error 4004. Anyone else having problems.? Cannot win this week.

CindyWillis

problems with website have cleared up - can call their office and they will fix it

I joined the website through pay pal and it gave me no way to make a log in for Cheney's site.
When I clicked on his log in , it just says error 4004. Anyone else having problems.? Cannot win this week.

I had the same problem around the same time but now it is cleared up. Call them and they will give you a tech support number which is what the $50 goes to cover. They will immediately help you.

CindyWillis

I would go anyway since you only need one visit for him to diagnose you and start you on the protocol. He is EXTREMELY emphatic (sp?) to patients since his own wife and child have this illness. If you can't pay for it then don't pay for any extra stuff and just get the consultation and the medicine and you should be able to come up that much even if it is from relatives. Easy for me to say and I realize that it may be much tougher than that and maybe impossible but I feel for you and would like for you to get significantly better.

aquariusgirl

Ok, I got the impression from Cindy's posts, that Dr Sharp was prescribing gcmaf, or offering it.
I called his office today and his receptionist said she had never heard of it.
Is she just out of the loop or did I misunderstand and Cindy was getting the gcmaf from another source?
thanks for any info

sela

is there any possiblity of passing on what his protocol is? there is no way i can afford $50 / month nor can fly to see doctors. it seems harsh to be cut off from medical knowledge because of money.

silicon

is there any possiblity of passing on what his protocol is? there is no way i can afford $50 / month nor can fly to see doctors. it seems harsh to be cut off from medical knowledge because of money.

There is a yahoo group discussion called CFS-FM-DFW-chat where a seemingly knowledgeable patient of Cheney responds to occasional questions on aspects of the protocol. If you don’t have a yahoo account, it is easy (and free) to sign up for one.

CindyWillis

Ok, I got the impression from Cindy's posts, that Dr Sharp was prescribing gcmaf, or offering it.
I called his office today and his receptionist said she had never heard of it.
Is she just out of the loop or did I misunderstand and Cindy was getting the gcmaf from another source?
thanks for any info

At the time of this post, Dr. Sharp was not offering GcMAF but now he is

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
At the time of this post, Dr. Sharp was not offering GcMAF but now he is

I'm confused, but that is nothing new!!! At the time of this post (which was yesterday), Dr. Sharp was not offering GcMAF but now he is (which is today). I know this was not intentional, but could you clarify? Thank you!

CindyWillis

I'm confused, but that is nothing new!!! At the time of this post (which was yesterday), Dr. Sharp was not offering GcMAF but now he is (which is today). I know this was not intentional, but could you clarify? Thank you!

Sorry for the confusion. When I wrote about my experience with Dr. Sharp in June 2010, he did not offer GcMAF but in late December of 2009, he started offering it.

CindyWillis

i'm gonna guess cindy means Dec 2010.

Yes. Thank you. However, according to your earlier email it appears they are not offering it yet. I knew they were in the preliminary stages of offering it but evidently are getting it set up still. So at the present, Dr. Sharp is not offering it yet. I will post when he starts offering it.