• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Borgini waves the red cloak: my advice - ignore him so he loses his job

M

marley100

Rate Borgini

I have an additional idea. There are several online sites that rate physicians. And while we can't rate the experience of going to see him as patients (shudder the thought), we can cut and paste comments that he made in his Psychology Today post. It seems fair. If he's going to attack people with ME/CFS in the foulest and most unfair of ways, why not let other prospective patients know what they're in for? Let his own words bite him in the ass. How beautiful is that?

Moreover, I believe cutting and pasting--with a link to the actual article so readers will know it's true--will help dissuade not only ME/CFS patients and fibro patients, but those with other diseases. I've stayed away from doctors with negative reviews, and I certainly would never go to a physician who took delight in preying on the sick.

Some of the sites:

www.ratemds.com
www.healthcarereviews.com
www.drscore.com
www.findadoc.com
www.vitals.com
www.doctorscorecard.com
www.healthgrades.com
http://www.physicianreports.com/?goid=pr
http://www.checkbook.org/

muffin

Hit him where it hurts - let this be a lesson to all others who pull this stuff

Sad but we have to fight back. I don't know for sure if using the patient databases is the way to go, BUT, the idea of linking his article to the database is A GREAT IDEA. It makes it ever so clear what this man is thinking about the sick people he treats. So, IF people use those doctor rating sites, please do link or publish his article so that ALL can see why he is getting negative comments. We are not patients but his article says so much about him and his thoughts on his own patients - and the rest of us as well.

Also, Borigini is NOT with Alphaomegaalpha as he did not pay his dues. Checked the site under his name.
http://www.alphaomegaalpha.org/index.html b. Here are the addresses to email all board members:
But might not hurt to alert them of his nasty thoughts on sick people. He should NOT be in this organization with this type of belief system.

Let this be a lesson, loud and clear, to all the others out there thinking they too will damage the CFIDS/ME sick.
We fight back. XMRV may well NOT be the cause or even a cause but an oportunistic virus. But it has raised us all up to fight for what we all deserve, like all other diseases and illnesses - and esp. those less destrcutive than ours. Our lives are devestated and destroyed - we deserve far better treatment instead of being treated as those poor sick people with Leprosy. They were shunt off to islands to die without any care unless a family member went with them and not many did.
Those poor Lepers deserved far better than how they were treated before they realized meds (dapsone then clofazimine and rifampicin) would kill off the disease, and we too deserve far and away better than what we have been handed for 30 long years. Enough. Time to go after the CDC/CFS/Reeves HARD. Time to nail everyone who makes the nasty, demeaing comments. Also, Congress and other government orgs need to be hit again and again to investigate CFIDS, research, funding, and CAUSE.
Those in the UK should get to their own government and bang and bang - the AIDs people got billions, we need billions as well. I don't see that as unfair, but rather, what is needed to stem an epidemic - and one that will continue until the government fesses up and more research is done.
Tired and rambling. Sorry. But keep fighting.

A

anne

This guy has clearly effed with the wrong group of incredibly sick people!

Frickly

Words cannot express my level of disappointment that this article is still up. I guess I was naive to think that a well known publication would not let this sort of hatred exist on it's website. I emailed two complaints along with my mother and sister. I am sure they received hundreds of emails. Yet...it is still there. What else can we do? Very sad and I agree with one of the former posters who said "Everyday I become more and more appalled with human nature."

oerganix

Think of it as a lemon tree, laden with sour fruit. Make lemonade in the comment section with reasoned responses with links for anyone who wants to be informed on the facts. I am not appalled at "human nature" as I see many people doing the right thing. I'm appalled at the present imbalance of power and the greed of a minority. Keep hope alive.

muffin

"Everyday I become more and more appalled with human nature."

When I read that statement in the Psych Today I realized I was so not alone in being disgusted with humanity. And if there is a 2012 apocolypse, then so be it. My husband gets mad when I say human beings are a horrible species, and the other species of animals are so above us humans - and they deserve to live while humanity does not. I too am appalled by all that people do and say and get away with. Blows my mind time and again and it should NOT. By now I thought I was so jaded that nothing could get me, but then something hits, and I realize I am shocked all over again. This illness didn't help those sentiments much either.

OK. No more crying about the state of humanity and back to fighting CFIDS for us and the young ones...

Keep swinging at Mark Borigini and Psych today. But we MUST go after Reeves (ABT Assoc./Emory Univeristy) and the UK Weasley, White, Sharp - THESE PEOPLE are the people we have to damage and get removed. We must damage any credibility they have - every way possible. HIT the internet and scream and use their own words against them. HIT the government, Congress Parliament, etc. Hit. Email, write, bang the Internet Drum. No taking prisoners. No more "nice guy", or "no, we can't rock the boat", all that did not work. If you watched what the AIDs/HIV people did, they yelled, screamed and acted up. They got attention every way possible. We have NOT done that. We are tired and don't have the ability to scream and carry on like the AIDS folks and their massive support base. We don't have that support base - our own families don't believe us. Fine. We have the internet and many, many smart people who still have brains and use them.

I sound like a terrorist. A CFIDS Terrorist (just words, not actions) - you know, I am fine with that now. Because it is war now. Too many of you have been sick and damaged for 20 plus years. How is that possible for a human being to be prisoned within their own bodies and homes? I was a hyper person who could not sit still but still sleep 12 to 16 hours a day and have no hyper energy or energy at all. And this "living dead" thing has lasted for 15 long years. Were it not for my poor husband, cats/dogs and idiot family members who need me - well, you all know. So we are left with fighting on all fronts.

Go back and read what our Journalist Expert Friend Kelly has written in responding to the press, etc. She is on the mark. We must remain calm, rational, etc and cite and use good valid data. We have to make the real nuts like Borigini LOOK and SOUND like the real nuts THEY are. Turn the tables - Reeves, Wessely, morons like Borigini are the real NUTS. Show them as such.

Enough fight talk from me. I think next we must work on getting rid of Reeves and Wessely. So,start thinking of the many ways to get them and start putting the ideas on the Advocacy post - and then we move out. I don't see CAA doing much - they seem to try but I don't seem the galvanizing the CFIDS sick. But we can and will - esp. since this site has a ton of UK, US, and other countries and that means the net can be spread very far and wide as it must.

MUFFIN - The CFIDS TERRORIST

Kati

Patient in training
I am not totally sure what you guys think of this idea- but it sounds like he needs to be publicly embarrassed. I wonder if the New York Times would pick up a story like this??? Not totally sure if tiis wold create the effect we desire-
Another idea, letter to the editor of a rheumy medical journal. (they may not want to embarrass one of their own).

We all agree that this has to stop.

K

Katie

When I read that statement in the Psych Today I realized I was so not alone in being disgusted with humanity. And if there is a 2012 apocolypse, then so be it. My husband gets mad when I say human beings are a horrible species, and the other species of animals are so above us humans - and they deserve to live while humanity does not. I too am appalled by all that people do and say and get away with. Blows my mind time and again and it should NOT. By now I thought I was so jaded that nothing could get me, but then something hits, and I realize I am shocked all over again. This illness didn't help those sentiments much either.

OK. No more crying about the state of humanity and back to fighting CFIDS for us and the young ones...

Keep swinging at Mark Borigini and Psych today. But we MUST go after Reeves (ABT Assoc./Emory Univeristy) and the UK Weasley, White, Sharp - THESE PEOPLE are the people we have to damage and get removed. We must damage any credibility they have - every way possible. HIT the internet and scream and use their own words against them. HIT the government, Congress Parliament, etc. Hit. Email, write, bang the Internet Drum. No taking prisoners. No more "nice guy", or "no, we can't rock the boat", all that did not work. If you watched what the AIDs/HIV people did, they yelled, screamed and acted up. They got attention every way possible. We have NOT done that. We are tired and don't have the ability to scream and carry on like the AIDS folks and their massive support base. We don't have that support base - our own families don't believe us. Fine. We have the internet and many, many smart people who still have brains and use them.

I sound like a terrorist. A CFIDS Terrorist (just words, not actions) - you know, I am fine with that now. Because it is war now. Too many of you have been sick and damaged for 20 plus years. How is that possible for a human being to be prisoned within their own bodies and homes? I was a hyper person who could not sit still but still sleep 12 to 16 hours a day and have no hyper energy or energy at all. And this "living dead" thing has lasted for 15 long years. Were it not for my poor husband, cats/dogs and idiot family members who need me - well, you all know. So we are left with fighting on all fronts.

Go back and read what our Journalist Expert Friend Kelly has written in responding to the press, etc. She is on the mark. We must remain calm, rational, etc and cite and use good valid data. We have to make the real nuts like Borigini LOOK and SOUND like the real nuts THEY are. Turn the tables - Reeves, Wessely, morons like Borigini are the real NUTS. Show them as such.

Enough fight talk from me. I think next we must work on getting rid of Reeves and Wessely. So,start thinking of the many ways to get them and start putting the ideas on the Advocacy post - and then we move out. I don't see CAA doing much - they seem to try but I don't seem the galvanizing the CFIDS sick. But we can and will - esp. since this site has a ton of UK, US, and other countries and that means the net can be spread very far and wide as it must.

MUFFIN - The CFIDS TERRORIST

Muffin, don't buy into the terrorist analogy, nothing good comes from allying yourself with that term no matter how you define it or try to reclaim it. Don't give Borghini the satisfaction, he's just a bit pissy from the last article he wrote which got a load of ME/CFSers on his case in the comment section, it's a hissy fit. No more, no less.

Just be Muffin, not the CFIDS terrorist.

muffin

You are right. Terrorist is a terrible term. I won't use it on myself. I just sort of thought it was "funny" to use the MUFFiN - CFIDS Terrorist since a Muffin is sweet and harmless - and my adorable, loving dog's name. But you are right. NO more use of the term Terrorist - the connotations are cruel and it does give THEM what they want. thanks for keeping me straight. I do need it often as my brain does not work and it gets scrambled easily. Thanks again. Just me.

CJB

Think of it as a lemon tree, laden with sour fruit. Make lemonade in the comment section with reasoned responses with links for anyone who wants to be informed on the facts. I am not appalled at "human nature" as I see many people doing the right thing. I'm appalled at the present imbalance of power and the greed of a minority. Keep hope alive.

:thumbsup:

We've seen some really bad actors in this drama, but we've also seen true heroes.

Min

Is anyone on US Fibromyalgia forums? if so, don't forget to tell them about this outrage.

muffin

MIN: Brilliant!!! Yes, he would be seeing and dealing with those with Fibro, wouldn't he? Poor people. I also have FM but secondary to CFDS. My best friend has severe FM and is on Methadone and cries in pain when no one is around to see or hear her. The Fibro folks need to know about this guy and the RA types as well. If this is what he calls US, then that must translate to all other "crying in pain" patients he sees. And God help those he teaches. This guy needs to get out of medicine - in all aspects. Seems he is out there pimping and promoting himself on lots of websites and blogs. Wonder if his patient load is low? Wonder why?

Frickly

Muffin, don't buy into the terrorist analogy, nothing good comes from allying yourself with that term no matter how you define it or try to reclaim it. Don't give Borghini the satisfaction, he's just a bit pissy from the last article he wrote which got a load of ME/CFSers on his case in the comment section, it's a hissy fit. No more, no less.

Just be Muffin, not the CFIDS terrorist.

Katie, Your statement did put things into perspective. This is just a "hissy fit". I am so glad he's not my doctor but wonder how many doctors I have seen that shared this same view? I know of two or three for sure but I suspect there are many.

muffin

Muffin...

Muffin is a small, chunky pug and beagle mix - a Puggle. We got her at 5 months old at a PetSmart dog relief thing. She is a spoiled, adorable little brat. She gets mad at us and sits on my husband's chest and barks into his face when she wants him to get up and get her biscuits. She sleeps between us and has since we brought her home 15 years ago. She is carried in/out of the Vet, and has never been left alone at night at a border or vet clinic - we drove 450 miles back and forth with her and the other dogs/cats in a huge rented van to/from my parent's house so many times I've lost count. Exhausted me insanely, but she and the rest were not going to stay behind or go in a plane. Muffin is a brat who gets what she wants when she wants it.

It really is our kitten who is a terrorist. She was tossed out of a moving car by some "nice" person and another person picked her up off the highway and drove her to the Humane Society. She was 5 weeks old and landed on her right arm and dragged herself on the road. The Humane Society took her to our Vet and the Vet had to amputate that arm up to her shoulder. A day later she was moving around on one front arm and two back legs. We got her and I brought her home and I slept with her in another bedroom on the floor with sleeping bags to protect this poor little creature who just a week before had her arm amputated. Well, she finally was released from that room (me too) and chased after the big cats and the big dogs and never showed fear of any sort from about 7 weeks on and missing her front arm. We do call her the Terrorist since she scares the other cats and dogs - funny, she was so tiny and I feared for her and watched her like a hawk until I realized that the other BIG cats and dogs were terrified of her! And now she is 8 months old and still chases after the other cats and dogs. That tiny 3lb kitten was a real terrorist!!!;)

Nina

This article is still there.

Has anyone received a reply to their letters of complaint?