• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Don't Assume They Know

Andrew

Some time ago I contacted one of the CFS Organizations and gave them a heads up about a breaking issue in CFS. Other pwc had advised me that this is not necessary, because in their position they would already know.

I contacted them anyway, with a brief explanation of the breaking issue. Only a few sentences to make it easier for them to get the gist of it and easier for me to write. They immediately emailed me back thanking me for bringing this to their attention, and asked if I had any other information that could help them get started. So I sent them the most pertinent links I had.

I'm not going to tell you which group this is, because my post is not about which group knows what. It is just to mention that even people in the thick of things need help being alerted to issues.

In my younger days I did activism work, and none of us automatically knew everything. And often it was tips from the public that helped us zero in on things.

MEKoan

Dear Andrew,

Ever the calm voice of reason. I love your voice!

I will remember your words.

Thanks!