• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you have ME/CFS with or without sore throat?

How often do you have sore throat since you got ME/CFS?

• Almost never

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Once or twice a year

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • More than twice a year

Votes: 67 64.4%

• Total voters

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
This should be one reason why I preffered quit for some time to eat sausages containing some garlic. (I still eat sausages but I am more suspicious about them now.) Garlic has also an effect on the immunesystem in respect to lower nitric oxide production.
Anyhow, I am not concerned about fungi that I wouldn´t get rid of as I felt one time already quit nice from eating almost no sugar (and not much manganese). So I realy hope to reestate this. But on all this complicate issue questions remain.

Booble

Re-upping this thread ---
Do you get sore throats?
I had a busy week last week and I was marveling at how good felt. Then this weekend - BLAH -- my throat is sore but it's not red in side like a sore throat with a cold.
I don't know if it's :
-Muscle tightness/pulled muscle in throat
-Acid Reflux
-Post Nasal Drip from Allergies -- my eye is kind of drippy leaky too
- Burned throat from hot drink. (top of mouth below the front teeth have that burned feeling so presumably the throat would have gotten burned too?
General ME/CFS throat from overdoing things last week.

Note I haven't been around people except vaccinated husband who is only around people when shopping and then fully masked and staying as distant as he can. So it's unlikely my throat is from the dreaded thing but of course I'm nervous about that.

Booble

I had a chronic sore throat for many years since falling ill with ME, until an experimental immune boosting drug cleared it up for me.

Interesting. You are so brave with the experimental drugs!
Do you remember if your sore throat was low in your throat like in the larynx area or up higher in the visible area?

wabi-sabi

I sometimes get a sore throat with my allergic post nasal drip. Same before and after ME/CFS. I don't seem to have any ME/CFS related sore throat. No swollen glands either.

Just really horrible PEM, fatigue, orthostatic intolerance, cognitive dysfunction and muscle and joint pain.

wabi-sabi

-Muscle tightness/pulled muscle in throat
-Acid Reflux
-Post Nasal Drip from Allergies -- my eye is kind of drippy leaky too
- Burned throat from hot drink. (top of mouth below the front teeth have that burned feeling so presumably the throat would have gotten burned too?
General ME/CFS throat from overdoing things last week.
any of these sound like good candidates to me!

Rufous McKinney

So it's unlikely my throat is from the dreaded thing but of course I'm nervous about that.

Most of the time, the ME throat is distinctive and I know thats it.

However, when I was on my trip to see my daughter, and awash in continuous PEM, on several occasions my throat was so bad I decided I must be coming down with a cold- and I take these chinese dont' get cold pills.

It never was a cold.

Rufous McKinney

any of these sound like good candidates to me!

all possible....

in my case, ME is a condition of severe dryness in the body.

When things are dry, the body does not flow.

this severe dryness induces any number of symptoms- my throat is dessicated. As are sectors of my tongue.

I take moistening herbs which generally help the condition. But if I talk to anyone for any significant amount of time, I have Strep level throat.

Booble

all possible....

in my case, ME is a condition of severe dryness in the body.

When things are dry, the body does not flow.

this severe dryness induces any number of symptoms- my throat is dessicated. As are sectors of my tongue.

I take moistening herbs which generally help the condition. But if I talk to anyone for any significant amount of time, I have Strep level throat.

That's a great point.
I'm always dry as a bone too (except my drippy eyes) even while living in the wettest place on earth.
I'm quite sure my thyroid is in shit shape but I haven't had it checked for 15+ years.

Rufous McKinney

except my drippy eyes) even while living in the wettest place on earth.

My eyes too....

Mine experience a range, mostly they "pour" constantly, sometimes they dry out nearly totally.

Its one of my more debilitating symptoms complexes.

Booble

My eyes too....

Mine experience a range, mostly they "pour" constantly, sometimes they dry out nearly totally.

Its one of my more debilitating symptoms complexes.

Oooh, I thought I was the only one with drippy eyes! Or I should amend. Drippy EYE. It's mostly my left eye that drips. Screwy Booble.

Rufous McKinney

It's mostly my left eye that drips. Screwy Booble.

its MOSTLY my right (both do it).

My RIGHT- corresponds with that simple fact that the right side of my body is more sick than the left. Consistently so.

And I could demonstrate collagen breakdown on my right side is further progressed.

Booble

its MOSTLY my right (both do it).

My RIGHT- corresponds with that simple fact that the right side of my body is more sick than the left. Consistently so.

And I could demonstrate collagen breakdown on my right side is further progressed.

OMG I thought I was nuts thinking how my left and right sides of my body seem to be so different.

Can someone list the most useful treatment (specific antiviral or supplement) that resolved their sore throat?

I have chronic mild cobblestoning visible at the back of my throat, seems like from postnasal drip, but I don't have any airborne allergies (negative skin tests). And the irritation just seems too high up to be from GERD (I don't have voice hoarseness).

godlovesatrier

Chronically all day every day since acute ebv reactivation June 2020 - then disappeared completely on the Joshua Leisk protocol after about 4 to 6 weeks. I've been on it 5 months and the current lockdown cold in the UK is my first sore throat in 5 months.