• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do we need a separate thread to discuss the CAA?

Greggory Blundell

CBS. No. See, in part you are right: The word "ramifications" carries a negative connotation. You were right to have bolded it. To have a fair balance, you should have bolded "- and their respective merit or lack thereof -" for that provides, or at least it was my aim, a disinterested stance. And I never, ever look at anything in black and white. Lastly, sure, constructive is good. But sometimes you have to tear something down before you can begin building. And NO I am not referring to the CAA. It was just a sophomoric platitude, but somehow still applicable. Have a great weekend, CBS.

dannybex

The answer to the thread's question is "no".

The CAA has been discussed ad nauseum on numerous threads, some going on for 30 pages. And contrary to unpopular opinions, they are still open, and can be found by doing a simple search -- there are several in this section alone.

CBS

...all members of this forum have the right to see how individuals rationalize the ramifications of the CAA's stance or actions - and their respective merit or lack thereof - concerning any topic.

CBS. No. See, in part you are right: The word "ramifications" carries a negative connotation. You were right to have bolded it. To have a fair balance, you should have bolded "- and their respective merit or lack thereof -" for that provides, or at least it was my aim, a disinterested stance. And I never, ever look at anything in black and white. Lastly, sure, constructive is good. But sometimes you have to tear something down before you can begin building. And NO I am not referring to the CAA. It was just a sophomoric platitude, but somehow still applicable. Have a great weekend, CBS.

Greg,

Interesting that my comment was on the difference between using the dismissive term rationalize (in comparison to demonize) and you focus on ramifications. The use of the term rationalize assumes that any argument other than yours is unfounded. My response was based upon the premise that all actions have ramifications and that all arguments have varying degrees of merit or lack there of. My focus remains on the distinction between those forum members who feel that the while imperfect, the CAA can be worked with, that they can serve the patient community and that the people who run the CAA have honorable intentions and the forum members who feel that the CAA must be vilified. Again, for those who need to vilify and denigrate, my suggestion is another forum.

V99

I agree - I've seen a few issues come up lately in discussions here that people seemed to want to discuss to show evidence that the CAA was at fault, rather than writing directly to the CAA to complain about that issue. I would have thought that the latter approach would have been much more productive.

I'm certain people will also have been writing to the CAA directly.