• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do other B-complex vitamins really compete w/ B12 for absorption?

Been doing a lot of reading on intramuscular vitamin injections lately and I frequently run across recommendations to take B12 injections (methylcobalamin) separately from B complex injections because apparently they interfere with the absorption of each other.

I haven't found the specific studies showing such an issue yet, but to make matters more confusing there are places that make them combined together.

Honestly maybe I'm naive, but I really have a hard time seeing it being much of an issue.

Any thoughts?

Pearshaped

Im not an Methylation expert at all,
but if I were you,I would try to get them seperately first.
this way,you will know whether it is just the B12 or if its another B Vitamin that helps you.
From my (ORAL intake)experiences they defenitely seem to interfere with each other. i.e.B12 can deplete B2.