• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Design a Brochure

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Tammie,

Here is one of the pictures. Can you see this or is your computer blocking images?

DSC08468-Edit-1.jpg

Tammie

I can see that one....thanks!

What is CFS OUT, though.....google produced nothing & we don't want to print out brochures with a link that goes nowhere

starryeyes

Hi Tammie,

Fresheyes was going to make a website called CFSout.org but she started doing really badly and has been out of commission. We're now waiting for Talking Fox's hubby to make a website I believe. I'm not sure what it's going to be called.

Tammie

I got a friend to help me fix this onto a website, so if anyone wants to print it out on their own, they can go to this site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~bunnymom1/CFS ME brochureA5.pdf

It is two pages and fits on A5 sized paper, would obviously need to be printed front to back.

I made a couple more minor changes (like including ME on it), so if anyone does not want to use that and still wants to go with the website that someone else was working on, that's totally ok, but I think it turned out pretty cool.

Thank you, Ed (my friend who just spent a lot of time helping me with this.)

Tammie

Glad you like it......looks like I have to figure out how to get the second page to print a little lower down, though.....when my friend was here we didn't actually have a chance to print it out before he had to leave.....so I just now did so, and the words print out really high and then leave a bunch of space on the bottom.....will have to find out how to fix that

great work!

I got a friend to help me fix this onto a website, so if anyone wants to print it out on their own, they can go to this site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~bunnymom1/CFS ME brochureA5.pdf

It is two pages and fits on A5 sized paper, would obviously need to be printed front to back.

this whole brochure idea is just wonderful with awareness day coming up.

If you want to use the tag "CFS-OUT" maybe it would also help to add something like the pic of a broken light bulb to the front page(the Cover is great!) near the rest of the description.

Also I think another way we could make a brochure is to focus on the major symptoms (Post-Exertional Malaise, Unrestful Sleep etc.) but use those symptoms as headers and use a quote to exemplify the point. There are a lot of good quotes in Osler's Web, anyone got it handy?

Attack on the Nervous System
To most physical ME scientists and clinicians ME represents a major attack on the CNS by the chronic effects of a viral infection.
--Byron Hyde M.D.​
"​

I think there are probably better quotes that just grab you but that's the only example I can think of off the top of my head. I think that would be a really effective format also. It's like *bang* you hit them with the heading, and *bang* you hit them with the quote!

great work all and hope you don't mind my suggestions!

Tammie

Knight of Zero, You have some great suggestions for a future brochure, & the original idea was to possibly make more than one.....the thought (& this was not my idea originally......Teejkay came up with it and then several of us have worked on it for quite some time).....anyway, the thought was to make a very short brochure type of thing that we could hand to people who want to yell at us for parking in disabled spots, etc, and for people who don't understand the idea of invisible illnesses, and/or people who want to know a little, but aren't likely to take the time to read anything extensive....and then if they are willing to read a bit more, the link to the canadian consensus definition gives them a good place to go

I also thought that these would be great to leave at places like the library, waiting rooms of docs offices, etc, where they could help with spreading awareness (esp in time for May 12th, but also at other times, too)

there were otehr thoughts about making more than one brochure, thoguh with different purposes.....more extensive ones for those who do want to know more, possibly even one for docs, and also possibly some addressing each of the realted issues that we deal with (PEM, OI, etc)......your ideas would be great for some further brochures like that

I just went ahead with getting this one put online so that people who want to have it for May 12th will be able to get it

Tammie

re the website, and the spacing issue I meniotned above, I fixed it on the pdf and sent it to my friend......he is going to fix it on the actual website so that when people print it out it will not cut off the top line and will look better

as soon as it is fixed I will let people know......should be soon

PS I am also trying to add a blue awareness ribbon to the side with the words (either at the top or the bottom).....haven't figured out how to do that yet, so am waiting to hear back from my friend.....I do have one downloaded - just don't know how to add it to the brochure pdf

there were otehr thoughts about making more than one brochure, thoguh with different purposes.....more extensive ones for those who do want to know more, possibly even one for docs, and also possibly some addressing each of the realted issues that we deal with (PEM, OI, etc)......your ideas would be great for some further brochures like that

I just went ahead with getting this one put online so that people who want to have it for May 12th will be able to get it

Thanks Tammie! I agree for the purpose I think it will work well, so people have something to hand out in the situations you mentioned (when they may be dealing with people who know nothing about ME/CFS). Maybe we could later design one for friends and acquaintance (people likely to be familiar, on some level, with the illness already) and I think the Header/Quote idea might work nicely for that. Sorry if I was a bit of a late-comer!