• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cyclo part A recovery scale ?

Frenchguy

Hi evereyone,

Does anyone know the scale Fluge and Mella used to monitoring improvement in cyclo study ?

Anecdotal reports say that people can walk 13000 steps per day after 6 months and function to 35%.
When I see that, I am intrigued,

David

Last edited:

pibee

Anecdotal reports say that people can walk 13000 steps per day after 6 months and function to 35%.

Do you mean that one patient they mentioned who walked 200 steps before Cyclo, and 13,000 after?

And how is walking 13,000 steps = 35% of functioning?
13,000 steps should be = healthy.

Or i misunderstood you

pibee

All I know the results are "better than for Rituximab " (Phase II), which would mean 65% responded at least. Which is very promissing.

Frenchguy

If they say that based on phase 2, yes, but the phase 3 is negative.
I like the fact that they measured the average step per day. Maybe if they had measured that in Ritux phase 2, the results would be different.

I don't say that for you, but for people who currently think that rituximab is an option for true ME.

pibee

yah, comparing it to negative Phase III and saying how it's 'even better' would be a bit silly so I doubt they meant Phase III :)