• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus: what your country is doing, how you feel & general discussion

lenora

Rufous, I'm so sorry to hear the baby is ill. If it's any help, I can confirm that both of mine had high fevers during teething. I hope that's the case b/c it must be very worrisome for all three of you.

Yes, a cane would probably be a breeding ground for all sorts of contaminants. Can it be washed off with bleach? (Just read where it has to be left on for 5 min.). Is she fussy at all? At least that's normal for a child of her age to behave that way. She's just one of those very rare orchids and she's upset right now. I hope she feels better soon. Love, Lenora

Rufous McKinney

Rufous, I'm so sorry to hear the baby is ill. If it's any help, I can confirm that both of mine had high fevers during teething. I hope that's the case b/c it must be very worrisome for all three of you.

That is really good to know, you have lots of Great reassuring Experience! With only one baby to recall, I don't remember that particular version....of a fever. We had lots of ear infections for some reason. This one has had one low key inflamed ear drum...and its possibly the case now too.

I decided to be the calm one. I can often do that..the exact opposite of my sometimes otherwise rather neurotic and overly pessimistic self. But I decide- not to think catastrophically, about the loved ones. So I was calm, she was much better the next day..a little puny now but doing fine.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I'm twelve hours away from lockdown being relaxed. I am so ready for it and understand how desperate many are for opening back up.

I'm gonna miss this though.

IMG_1361.jpg

lenora

HI Rufous....Do you just mean the quieter skies, or the quieter world in general? I still believe they could at least do something about mufflers on leaf blowers....what an unnecessary racket. Yesterday and the day before we heard children playing...their tiny voices were such a pleasure.

Unfortnately some little boys joined them and one had a rifle. I'm assuming it just made sounds, but you should have heard them. They sounded just like the real thing and I kept jolting each time I heard them. We're just not used to hearing rifle sounds where we live. It made me think of the school victims and what they went through as they were hunted down. Sick! So a beautiful afternoon was wasted listening to that sound. I wonder if anyone felt the same? I'm from hunting country myself, but people would never let their children run around with even BB guns. After all, people still get hurt. Yours, Lenora.