• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Constant vertigo/dizziness

Has anyone experienced vertigo/dizziness and found a specific nutrient deficiency/imbalance to be the cause?

It started with a sensation I have had previously (for many years actually on and off) of my brain 'shifting' to one side inside my head -quite hard to describe. It would make my whole body shift too if I was walking, so I guess it is a balance issue.

Recently I had IV nutrients (magnesium, B vit complex, Vit C and Zinc) which has really helped me but has also brought this balance issue back. Yesterday I took my usual small dose of vitamins and minerals and full blow dizziness/feeling of loss of balance ensued. It was pretty much constant yesterday and wore off by this morning. It returned today when I took just my 'co-factors' (leaving out B vits and also magnesium).

It is alleviated for several hours by eating eggs, so I have the feeling it is a nutrient imbalance triggered by the high doses of specific things in the IV. Has anyone experienced this sort of dizziness and have any idea what it might be?