• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Compression garments in athletics

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I was just googling a bit and found this on the uses of compression garments in athletics - apparently they speed recovery as well as helping during performance. Interesting! There was much more about this on the net but I haven't had a look yet.

I had been looking for info on whether compression garments could be considered a therapy for orthostatic intolerance (i.e. something that would improve the underlying condition over time) rather than just a crutch (though a welcome one) and found that instead. I'm sure the answers are out there somewhere!

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
Thanks Sasha,
Haven't read it all yet but looks really interesting. (The moving ads on the side are driving me crazy.)

BEG

One of the best websites I've seen for OI/POTS is Dinet. http://www.dinet.org/ You'll find answers to practically all your questions regarding O.I. I hope you find this helpful.

Incidentally, my doctor suggested a compression of 20-30 for me if you decide to go with compression stockings.

BE G