• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

completely bedridden, extreme noise sensitive, room isolation from noise

hapl808

My daughter tried multiple headphones for her hyperacusis.
The ones that stayed where the Sony WH-XB910 and the Sony WH-1000XM3
she looked for good noise canceling, which the Sony's have

Great info. I did try the XM3 before, and now trialing the Airpods Pro 2 and Bose 700. The issue I'm having is I think the noise cancelling technology itself seems to tire me out (which makes some sense because it's still playing sound waves to your brain). I've tried passive noise cancelling like earplugs, but I find that very uncomfortable after a short period of time even with very soft earplugs. Might experiment with the over-ear protective earphones, but not sure that will be any better.

Thanks for the helpful answers. My sister also mostly uses the Sony WH-1000XM3. Although she 'only' tried airpods pro2 and xm4.

vision blue

Have there been any updates on this? HOw is she doing?
I'm thinking that I have to make moving a priority to a place w/o shared walls despite what feels like unsurmountable obstacles. . I was able to verify that jackhammer gives me PACs and just more evidence that low frequencies make me reqally crazy

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
I just came across this thread. I hope the OP's sister is doing better. I lived in rentals so could not engage in major structural renovations. I found relief running a fan on my bedside table right next to my head. It not only helped to mask noise, even sharp noises, but subconsciously focussed my mind on the sound of the fan. Sort of like hypnotism or response training. The relief from running a fan is so palpable it noticeably calms me down. Unfortunately I can't sleep without it tho, even in winter. I now use a good ceiling fan which can run in reverse in winter.