• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

Reading_Steiner

This is interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if theres some overlap with what succinic acid does ( a component of red wine and apple cider vinegar ) I happened to be on a drug called propranolol and I found that it helped slightly to moderately with my illness, I do feel better in the bath and I also have noticed I often feel a bit better in summer time although I previously wondered if it was due to after effect of hayfever causing some sort of depletion of the immune system. Gonna try those things you mentioned.

kangaSue

This is interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if theres some overlap with what succinic acid does ( a component of red wine and apple cider vinegar ) I happened to be on a drug called propranolol and I found that it helped slightly to moderately with my illness, I do feel better in the bath and I also have noticed I often feel a bit better in summer time although I previously wondered if it was due to after effect of hayfever causing some sort of depletion of the immune system. Gonna try those things you mentioned.
One thing in common that alcohol, nitric oxide, succinic acid and taking a bath all have in is that they can contribute to either vasodilation or vasorelaxation. Not sure about having a bath but the other three can also all activate hypoxia inducing factor-1 alpha (which regulates responses to low oxygen).

Reading_Steiner

thanks kangasue ! HIF is something I found out about when we were looking at Joshua Leisks antiviral protocol. I'm trying AAKG now and l-citrulline to see if I get any difference, I started about 48 hours ago, initially it gave me a slight headache and feeling light headed + tingly ache feeling in the feet ( happens anyway to me though ). I'm not seeing any obvious improvement, I still feel burned out in general, as if my body is under strain, especially when waking up. After working on my bike yesterday I felt exhausted and I just sort of sat there for a while not moving, but I didn't crash. Today I walked around the supermarket at pre- ME speeds, but its not the only time i've been able to move quickly so I don't know if its relevant. I feel reluctant to engage in any substantial physical activity at the moment, i'll keep taking them for a while more but I'm not expecting miracles.

kangaSue

@Reading_Steiner The likes of arginine, citrulline, AAKG etc can take a few weeks for you to develop a cumulative effect from the boost to nitric oxide (NO) production.

I have chronic GI dysmotility issues (gastroparesis, intestinal ischemia) and interestingly, can't tolerate any of these supplement type NO boosters but have no problem with the few different controlled release (prescription) nitrates that I've tried (nicorandil, GTN patches, isosorbide) to improve blood flow to the bowel.

Reading_Steiner

I think I got mild benefit from it, certainly didn't have any issue walking or getting up stairs for the admittedly short time I was on it ( about a week ), the trouble is I started to feel a bit hot and fevered a couple days ago and its slowing me down, just odd sensations in the body, chest particularly, yesterday my left hand was shaking by itself, not a new experience but certainly different to previous weeks, I think it could be a viral flare up, it doesn't feel like a crash because i'm not experiencing all the weird stomach changes that I get with a crash and i'm not getting really slow like a clockwork toy thats ran out of windings. I never get 'colds' or 'flu' or other viral infections with obvious symptoms since becoming CFS'd, but I do get these weird sensations sometimes.

Hi gregh286. I am also noticing a crazy improvement when taking citrulline or arginine. It only takes like one hour and then i get almost healthy for a while. But i always have to increase the dose. And eventually, after a couple of months it stops working.

I have read some of your posts and just made an account here to get i touch with you. Can I contact you directly some how, i did not figure out how to do that in this forum.

I have including citrulline and arginine also tried Isomex, high dose folic acid, Losartan and resveratrol. All to try to raise NO. And i kinda got the feeling that it was not the raising of the NO that made me so much better, because arginine and citrulline made me better in a whole different way than just rasing NO did.

I think we might be very similar, and based on some of your posts in the forum in general (about amino acids) i think and hope you might have the key to my health.

I am so exited!!

gregh286

Hi gregh286. I am also noticing a crazy improvement when taking citrulline or arginine. It only takes like one hour and then i get almost healthy for a while. But i always have to increase the dose. And eventually, after a couple of months it stops working.

I have read some of your posts and just made an account here to get i touch with you. Can I contact you directly some how, i did not figure out how to do that in this forum.

I have including citrulline and arginine also tried Isomex, high dose folic acid, Losartan and resveratrol. All to try to raise NO. And i kinda got the feeling that it was not the raising of the NO that made me so much better, because arginine and citrulline made me better in a whole different way than just rasing NO did.

I think we might be very similar, and based on some of your posts in the forum in general (about amino acids) i think and hope you might have the key to my health.

I am so exited!!

Hi
I don't think it's the rasing NO
I think it's using them as alternative fuels as our body not burn sugars so thrives on these 2 aminos
I stil use glutamine..it's a decent energy booster.
Best when you don't have food.in your bloodstream so it doesn't compete with it

Hope_eternal

Hi
I don't think it's the rasing NO
I think it's using them as alternative fuels as our body not burn sugars so thrives on these 2 aminos
I stil use glutamine..it's a decent energy booster.
Best when you don't have food.in your bloodstream so it doesn't compete with it
Hi Greg, I am curious to how you are doing? My son is bedridden with severe fatigue and I was thinking the arginine and citeulline might be something we can try. Would you mind sharing the dose and times you take them so I run it by his doctor? I hope this is still working for you. Please let me know. Wishing you much health.

Hope_eternal

But I'm mild cfs now. Little trouble with it.
Only if I over exert HR I get gently pem next day
That’s wonderful to hear you made a very sizable improvement. Thank you for your quick response. I greatly appreciate it. I will be looking into the broad base aminos. My son did take something called Ultainflamax plus 360 that had many aminos in it. He took it for or a couple months with no positive results but he could only tolerate a less than half a dose because of the unpleasant taste. It was a powder mix. Maybe we need to try something different. Is what I attached similar to what you take?

Attachments

• IMG_0792.png
    IMG_0792.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11