• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Comments on the Vinitsky protocol

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi, Dreambirdie.

High copper makes me wonder about Wilson's disease.

I would suggest running a urine essential elements test to see if copper is high there, too, in order check for Wilson's disease. You could get that through your physician, or directly from www.directlabs.com without a physician's order. If you could get a blood test for ceruloplasmin, that would help to check for Wilson's disease, too. Having your eyes examined for Kayser-Fleischer rings around the outer edge of the iris is another test for Wilson's disease.

Best regards,

Rich

Hey Rich--

Thanks for the lab recommendation.

Does this test require the use of a chelating agent? I hope not, cuz I can't do that to myself right now.

Looking over the list of symptoms for Wilson's Disease, it doesn't ring true for me... but it wouldn't hurt to test for it.

richvank

Hey Rich--

Thanks for the lab recommendation.

Does this test require the use of a chelating agent? I hope not, cuz I can't do that to myself right now.

Looking over the list of symptoms for Wilson's Disease, it doesn't ring true for me... but it wouldn't hurt to test for it.

Hi, Dreambirdie.

No, no chelator is used for this test for Wilson's disease. I'm glad that your symptoms don't appear to correspond to those of Wilson's disease, and I hope you don't have it, but if you do, it's treatable, and if you do have it, it would be a major shame not to find out, because over time it does bad things to the people who have it.

Best regards,

Rich

kurt

"Vitamins will not cure an infectious retrovirus."
i am so with ya Kati :)

That's not really accurate, though, because by restoring glutathione synthesis to more normal functioning, the immune system is thereby improved, which then obviously helps attack and fight infections much better, reducing the viral load....

Here is some interesting evidence that glutathoine may have an antiviral effect, in this experiment glutathione levels were directly related to levels of herpes viral replication. Also how interesting that the herpes infection depletes glutathione. Of course this proves nothing about a retrovirus, but still I think supports the general idea that GD-MB may address some viral problems.

Antiviral Res. 1995 Jun;27(3):237-53.
Evidence for antiviral activity of glutathione: in vitro inhibition of herpes simplex virus type 1 replication.
Palamara AT, Perno CF, Ciriolo MR, Dini L, Balestra E, D'Agostini C, Di Francesco P, Favalli C, Rotilio G, Garaci E.

Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy.
Abstract
The role of glutathione (GSH) in the in vitro infection and replication of human herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) was investigated. Intracellular endogenous GSH levels dramatically decreased in the first 24 h after virus adsorption, starting immediately after virus challenge. The addition of exogenous GSH was not only able to restore its intracellular levels almost up to those found in uninfected cells, but also to inhibit > 99% the replication of HSV-1. This inhibition was concentration-dependent, not related to toxic effects on host cells and also maintained if the exogenous GSH was added as late as 24 h after virus challenge, i.e. when virus infection was fully established. Electron microscopic examination of HSV-1-infected cells showed that GSH dramatically reduced the number of extracellular and intracytoplasmic virus particles, whereas some complete nucleocapsids were still detected within the nuclei of GSH-treated cells. Consistent with this observation, immunoblot analysis showed that the expression of HSV-1-glycoprotein B, crucial for the release and the infectivity of virus particles, was significantly decreased. Data suggest that exogenous GSH inhibits the replication of HSV-1 by interfering with very late stages of the virus life cycle, without affecting cellular metabolism.

PMID: 8540746 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Just my thoughts from being one that has very elevated EBV and HHV-6 levels. If someone has a properly working methylation cycle it is going to squash a viral intrusion typically. If you have a partial methylation block and you get hit with a virus you may or may not be able to fight it off. If your methylation cycle is totally blocked and you get hammered with a virus, then you are more than likely going to have both forms of treatment. I don't believe that most people that are very sick with a virus is going to get well by lifting a methylation block alone, as they will probably need an antiviral (which one is a great geuss). On the other hand the same person is not going to get well with antivirals alone, they are going to have to fix the block. I very much suspect most of us are somewhere in between the two extremes and everyone is going to have to fix their own as we are all different.
I'm totally with the ones that think XMRV will not be the cause of CFS, but a passenger or a messenger. I do believe the discovery is going to help find the cure however. I have more faith in the the "Spinal Tap" study than I do anything because I think it explains the extreme differences that exist in all of us as it could totally depend on the region of the brain or brainstem that it affects.
We all need to believe in something and keep trying different things till you find something hopefully. I sure hate to think where we would be if everybody had only tried one and the same thing. I would have no hope at all at this point if that was the case.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I have more faith in the the "Spinal Tap" study than I do anything because I think it explains the extreme differences that exist in all of us as it could totally depend on the region of the brain or brainstem that it affects.

What's this "Spinal Tap" study?