• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coffee helps with methylation trap / blockage / issues?

jason30

Hi all,

I am a bad detoxifier since I have methylation issues. Last week I started with b12 injections due a b12 deficiency.
The last 7 years I get huge reactions after exposure of toxins or pesticides, or everything which is processed by the methylation pad. So there is the biggest problem (also MTHFR).
When I am exposed I get huge inflammation in the body, as well as a huge fight/flight response. Also mast cells gets released (MCAS) and histamine goes up.
Brain fog , anxiety and also feeling heavy / melancholy, kinda depressed.

The symptoms brain fog , depression and overall bad feeling disappear after taking coffee. It feels like the toxins/pesticides are getting processed, and my system calms down. This is within a few minutes after taking coffee.

Does anybody have a clue why this happens?
Does coffee helps when you have a methylation cycle trap or blockage? Methyl-folate trap?

b2 have a relation with methylation?

Thanks in advance for thinking along.

Coffee general info
The main constituents of coffee are caffeine, tannin, fixed oil, carbohydrates, and proteins. It contains 2–3% caffeine, 3–5% tannins, 13% proteins, and 10–15% fixed oils. In the seeds, caffeine is present as a salt of chlorogenic acid (CGA).

The polyphenols and minerals such as magnesium in coffee may improve the effectiveness of insulin and glucose metabolism in the body.

Coffee contains a number of useful nutrients, including riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), magnesium, potassium, and various phenolic compounds, or antioxidants.

BrightCandle

It could just be its effect as a Vasoconstrictor (or dilator). The blood vessels are often a problem with ME/CFS patients via POTS and I find caffeine and coffee specifically helps with that problem for a period of time. It may also be its impact on glucose metabolism which also appears to be quite disrupted and anything that boosts energy production in the body is going to improve how we feel for a bit. Not sure precisely the mechanism, it could be none or all of the above and more, it does work for me though coffee is a daily necessity.

jason30

It could just be its effect as a Vasoconstrictor (or dilator). The blood vessels are often a problem with ME/CFS patients via POTS and I find caffeine and coffee specifically helps with that problem for a period of time. It may also be its impact on glucose metabolism which also appears to be quite disrupted and anything that boosts energy production in the body is going to improve how we feel for a bit. Not sure precisely the mechanism, it could be none or all of the above and more, it does work for me though coffee is a daily necessity.

Thank you for thinking along. I was also thinking about the glucose metabolism, because the symptoms are also less after taking something with fast sugars. What does this say, is it that the toxins/chemicals downregulate the glucose metabolism or affects this in a negative way? Or is it just simply the ATP supply from the sugars which gives me a boost? Interesting.

" The liver has a major role in the control of glucose homeostasis by controlling various pathways of glucose metabolism, including glycogenesis, glycogenolysis, glycolysis and gluconeogenesis. "

jason30