• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Class action suit????

Crappy

Maybe I should be in bed.

I just began to wonder how much support would be available here for retaining legal help to file a class action suit for the pain, suffering, and neglect due to our governments denial of help for an obvious medical condition?

I'm sure a notable lawyer would be willing to help on a contingency basis; if my idea has any value?

I just think the U. S. government has more responsibility to it's own citizens, rather than many other interests they support around the globe; usually against our own laws!

I think the U. S. government has been denying help to a portion of the population that is handicapped and vulnerable! Own government is suppose to protect the rights of those who cannot protect themselves. Why aren't we important to our own people???

How about it fellow U. S. sufferers, are you enraged enough yet?

Crap:Retro mad:

eric_s

Edit: I read a bit about class action lawsuits now and it's quite confusing, especially for that type of case, since people working in the administration are concerned. Our law is different in these things than in the USA, so it's probably better i don't speculate too much.

Ask a US lawyer about his assessment for the chance of success of such a lawsuit, the more we know about these things, the better.

Carrigon

I've wanted to sue for over twenty five years for this. What makes me the most angry is that I have witnessed them cover up outbreaks of this disease. I was part of one in 91. They covered it up. There are many reasons why they have done this to us. These are NOT conspiracy theories, these are the truth. Population reduction was one, the other was that by taking alot of us out of the workforce, it contributed to the economic collapse. And the third is, sick people have trouble voting and understand what laws are being passed and are too sick to fight for their rights most of the time.

This disease is real, we are genuinely sick, and our bloodwork and tests do prove there is a biological problem. When the right tests are run. Routine tests often never really showed anything. But all these years later, once we get more testing done, we find we have stuff. I can't fake a high white cell count or a high viral load. I can't fake swollen glands, an enlarged spleen or liver. I can't fake super low blood pressure. The lists goes on.

We are physically ill and have been denied medical care and basic human rights for years. Someone should be sued for that. How about when the funds were literally stolen from us, thirteen million dollars I think? That was supposed to go to research for us. It never really seemed much was done about that. Any other disease, if that amount of funding was stolen, there would have been a worldwide public outcry. But us, no one cared.

Esther12

I think that it's so unlikely people in positions of power and authority being held accountable for the poor way they've treated people with CFS that it's not worth thinking about.

Probably more likely in America than the UK though.