• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ciprofloxacin again - a never ending story

SWAlexander

Hi Martin, I listen to the podcast with Mark. Very confirming. Thank you.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7JBo0ARMOzBbFk1bds0R9n?si=eAZMDp23RXC3fy1yK9YnSQ&nd=1

Mark, compared to the millions, has a very good Doctor. Mark also mentions, as many can confirm, that some meds can help temporarily which would confirm my previous suspicion the core problem lies in the Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), or in the spine/bones/bone mark where corpuscles are produced.

Listen to what different meds Mark has tried and didn´t work or only temporarily strengthen my belief that there is genetic methylation.
In my opinion, the only way to find a bio-marker is, if 23andme would get involved by comparing genes from 1000 ME/CFS patients to find a common marker.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi Martin, I listen to the podcast with Mark. Very confirming. Thank you.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7JBo0ARMOzBbFk1bds0R9n?si=eAZMDp23RXC3fy1yK9YnSQ&nd=1

Mark, compared to the millions, has a very good Doctor. Mark also mentions, as many can confirm, that some meds can help temporarily which would confirm my previous suspicion the core problem lies in the Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), or in the spine/bones/bone mark where corpuscles are produced.

Listen to what different meds Mark has tried and didn´t work or only temporarily strengthen my belief that there is genetic methylation.
In my opinion, the only way to find a bio-marker is, if 23andme would get involved by comparing genes from 1000 ME/CFS patients to find a common marker.
I don’t know where your theory comes from and how you connected the dots?? but it could also be tolerance.

SWAlexander

I asked why you think the problem is in the CSF
Sorry, I assumed too much, my bad.
If the RNA is compromised or manipulated by bacteria, viruses and chemicals, so is the DNA and the production of corpuscles (red and white blood cells). Regardless, all corpuscles, healthy or not, must find their way through CSF to all organs delivering oxygen and nutrients (white blood cells go to the Thymus first). If there is damage/ obstruction to the spine, (stenosis, thoracic duct leak etc) there will be a transit slowdown. Even Chyle drains from the intestinal lymphatic system into the thoracic duct.

Last edited:

SWAlexander

May 10, 2023

Treating Antibiotic Adverse Effects - Dr. Pieper book interview Part 1​

This three part interview series covers the topic of serious adverse effects caused by fluoroquinolone (FQ) antibiotics and how one dedicated doctor was compelled to write a diagnostic booklet to assist the medical community in identifying such patients experiencing this overwhelming and little understood array of disabilities. The FQ class of antibiotics in the U.S. include some of the most well known names such as: Cipro, ciprofloxacin, Levaquin, levofloxacin, Avelox, moxifloxacin In this series, Dr. Stefan Pieper discusses his book: Fluoroquinolone Associated Disability (FQAD) – Pathogenesis, Diagnostics, Therapy and Diagnostic Criteria. Dr. Pieper has seen and treated over 700 FQ damaged patients (floxies), more than any other doctor we are aware of. While his practice is in Germany, he does treat overseas patients. Part 1: Oxidative stress, mitochondria damage Part 2: Musculoskeletal damage and collagen disorder Neurotoxicity/ Nervous system damage Part 3: Neuropsychiatric issues Diagnostic criteria and symptoms for practitioners Thoughts on FQAD