• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic invisible itch?

This is a very minor symptom, but I'm curious about it...for about 4 years I've had one itchy spot in my left calf. It comes and goes, but is always in the same spot, and doesn't seem to be spreading or worsening (although it's pretty bad today!) The weird thing (why I haven't told my doc, bc I have lots of more "normal" symptoms) is that there's no indication on the skin that there's anything wrong--no rash, lesions, discolouration (unless I scratch it too much). Has anyone else ever experienced this?

taniaaust1

if it is somewhere you can soak in salt water eg a handful of salt in a bucket of warm water, I suggest you do so as you may find it helps. Put some bicarb soda into that water too if you have it. Soak your feet and your calf as much as you can for 20mins once or twice a day.

I used to have huge issues with itchiness.

MEPatient345