• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cholestyramine herx means lyme?

Lalia

I mean not completely better, I severely underweight when I started using charcoal and it allowed me to gain over ten kilos. It was a lifesaver. However I still have ME/CFS - it’s just everything is slightly improved.

My #1 issue is that I cannot detox. I take micro-doses of everything and still end up with months of herxing (or as I prefer to call it, toxin dumping). My body just doesn’t have the resources to detox properly. I don’t know why, exploring methylation through the Greg Russell-Jones protocol atm. Sorry - completely sidetracked but no, that’s why I haven’t tried any antifungals inc. nasal sprays. I swished my mouth with a mouth wash that had clove and tea tree oil a couple of weeks ago and landed up in bed for a week lol 🤦🏻‍♀️

seamyb

All the things you can do to make yourself better make you worse first of all it seems. There's never a reported treatment where you know it's working because you feel better straight away. I've changed my mind, I don't want this illness any more.

Lalia

That is the most infuriating thing though, don’t you think? To gain any improvement we have to sacrifice our hard-earned baseline. Go backwards for months. And at the end of it all - there’s a 50% chance we improve and a 50% chance it was making us worse all along. Or at least that’s what it’s like for me.

I wholeheartedly agree. Return to sender.