• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chelation and iodine protocol?

Kadar

Did anyone had such experience together? Ive started iodine protocol and having molybdenum drop (due to copper or mercury toxicity, I guess). Thinking if adding chelation will make molybdenum need less. I tried chelation in past (DMSA) and had heart palpitations probably because I couldn't tolerate sulfur supplements(not because of molybdenum deficiency) , now I can. I tolerate ALA without problem.

Kadar

Update: I rised vitamin C and don't need no molybdenum and boron anymore on iodine protocol. Seems vit C safely removes mercury (or copper?) so there's no molybdenum drop. (And halogenes (fluoride) are tied with C instead of boron) I guess

Learner1

Chelation removes multiple minerals)metals, not just the one you're targeting. Chelation got a bad name early on as people became depleted in "good" minerals which are cofactors needed in many essential biochemical processes, and things stopped working. It can lead to death... If you are chelating, it would be wise to replenish minerals lost in the process. It at the very least, test your mineral status from time to time.

As for vitamin C, I chelated on and off for 8 years using multiple methods and I've used high dose vitamin C for cancer and infections, but never used vitamin C for chelation. It does help recycle glutathione, so that would be helpful, but ALA, DMSA, DMSO, DMPS, etc., depending on what sort of toxicity you have, are more effective.

And, working with a practitioner experienced in chelation and setting up supportive nutrient programs would be prudent, helping you to avoid serious problems caused by naive mistakes.

Kadar

Thanks for comment, @Learner1 . I'm toxic with mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum. I tried DMSA again recently and I think I still get copper deficiency (symptoms for me - tight thyroid and heart palpitations), but not that crazy when I was K2 deficient and couldn't tolerate any sulfur supplements including some b vitamins. I don't get creepy symptoms during chelation,seems it's enough of copper and vitamin E for tolerated round. Unfortunately I can't afford practitioner help and I'm comfortable now with my knowledges of nutrients interactions and symptoms.

I wonder if vitamin C is safe for chelating mercury. I read different opinions about it on forums. I lose vitamin E very fast taking vitamin C which I think means I'm rather toxic with heavy metals. My light sensitivity is worse after taking vitamin C thats why I'm afraid I shouldn't push vitamin C and use chelators instead. Tho vitamin C is a part of chelation cour 4 according to Andy Cutler. But I don't get my fatigue worse, only maybe because of high doses of vitamin E which seem to deplete calcium and potassium, that subsidies when I stop E and C. And maybe I'm light sensitive not because of exhausted adrenals but simply because if potassium drop. If vitamin C is okay for chelation I would use it instead of chelators because of cost. I'm interested in your opinion