• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheeks are always red, is it a symptom

antherder

I'm post menopausal so don't get hot flushes any more but in social situations if I crack and have a glass or two of wine I get very red faced. Equally with over exertion I go very red faced.

That could be an alcohol flush, or a reaction to sulfites which most wines contain, as a preservative.

Lots of other foods and beverages contain sulfites, like dried fruit, coconut, many processed products, etc.(Sulfites are a trigger for some asthmatics too.)

Exercise does cause mast cells to degranulate, so it's definitely worth looking into further.

overtheedge

@charles shepherd good stuff, I've had a number of tests done for SLE, if anyone wants a look at those which specific tests look at this thread, the info is in the second post by me http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ommon-tests-youve-found-to-be-valuable.52766/ I just noticed that the post below that one includes the treatment gingergrrl used for mast cell problems, I know I've read that before now that I've looked at it, my memory isn't what it used to be, I was just about to ask what to do if the mast cell tests come up positive