• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheaper immunosuppressant alternative to Rituximab?

ChookityPop

What other immunosuppressants are out there that could be interesting to try? I want to try immunoglobulin and some kind of immunosupressant after a while.

Could it be that lots of people, for example "chronic lyme" people benefiting from heavy antibiotics is because at that high doses it acts as an immunosupressant? I dont mean chronic lyme people in a bad way. Ive had over 100 tick bites in my life, so I still hold that door open.

pattismith

1602849570937.png

This 2015 article shows that Methylprednisolone/cyclophosphamide is the first line treatment in many cases of Sjogren neuropathy:

Fig. 4. Flowchart for the treatment of neurological systemic manifestations. PN, peripheral polyneuropathy; CNS, central nervous system; MS, multiple sclerosis; GC, glucocorticoids; MP, methylprednisolone; CYC, cyclophosphamide.

View attachment 37872

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...neuropathies-in-sjogrens-syndrome-2020.80344/