• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cheap hydroxyb12?

Lisa

Hello! :)

My doctor said yesterday Jeremy and I are to start taking hydroxycobalamin shots (hydroxyb12).

I've found a place called McGruff pharmacy in southern California that can fill the prescription for $43. 5mg/ml in a 30ml bottle.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper pharmacy for this stuff? :)

Thank you! :D

Lisa :)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Lisa,

I think that's about the usual price. I have ordered it (for injection) from 2 different compounding pharmacies (Key in Washington and Wellness in Birmingham) and it was about that price or more.

Yep, it is expensive. But I only injected 1 mg or less, so it lasted a good while.

Sushi

Dreambirdie

work in progress
more questions

What is perque?

And also, where is the cheapest place to get the folates and the hydroxy that Rich recommends?

AND... why inject? Isn't easier on the system to start with the sublingual?

Sushi

I do use Perque but you get a much larger effect from a subcutaneous injection of hydrox B12. Even though the Perque is sublingual, some of it gets swallowed and lost.

Right now I am only using the Perque as I got too sensitive to any form of B12 to tolerate the injections.

Sushi

Sushi

Hi Dreambirdie,

Perque is a brand and the name of the supplement is Activated B12 guard. I have found the cheapest place to buy this and the folates--which are made by Metagenics--is at: https://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/

To buy Perque and some other brands online, you have to register with the site as these brands are usually only sold by doctors. At this site I think you can buy the Metagenics without registering but you have to call the toll-free number the first time you order Perque brand, and then, I think wait a day or two until you are in their system. This site gives progressive discounts the more you order there.

Activated B-12 Guard, 100 Sublingual Lozenges, Perque

Suggested Retail: 25.25 Price: $20.20

Sushi